News For Floods

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marco, while I'm not there with you physically as I said in chat, I've been in similar situations and I know how frustrating it can be when you're "up to your ass in alligators" and it's all on you to get your ass out.

Thanks for the photos and the link to the vid.  That looks horrendous ...

Take care of yourself!!!  Physically and emotionally!

Take care out there Marko.  I have no first hand experience of what you're facing but having seen the pictures on the news it really looks truly shocking and must be taking it's toll on all of you. 

So long so good for me.Transfering with a trucks to another place.

Water walls are breaching,not good for the people,not good at all..i won't have much time for writting.

Al yep we had our lunch break at 9pm,not 10 :) We decided not to rest before that cos there was need of our help.

Sunny day,we are all fine,only 10 rescue guys got their life in danger,but nothing serious.

There are lot's of diseases now becouse of the sun and the muggy water,kids are throwing up,there are not enought medical supplies.

At some points the water reached the last third defensive line.Obrenovac is evacuated and is 40% dry.New fresh teams will go there to clean up the bodies and identify them.

The last wave is supposed to come Tomorrow at Belgrade,defenses are prepared,3m long water wall with sand bags and other stuff.We are now going there.

The help is arriving from UK,special forces,30 man i think,and some supplies.

Also good news,NASA says the sat's are showing that the Cyclone "Tamara" is no longer in the region,the skies are clear,there might be minor rains for 2 days,nothing serious.But i say again,worst thing is about to come,Sava hitting wave by wave in Belgrade and other cities,and the clean up operations :/

I may stay here longer than i tought,after Serbia,our forces may go to Bosnia or Croatia,the situation there is ugly too.Or we might be replaced by some others

P.S. The floods are calming down,still no help from USA except those 100.000 USD ;) And in meantime,Azerbaijan sent 400.000 eur.

I'm trying not to get into the politics of this, but you keep putting some kind of call out on the US. There are much greater political forces at play here. And that is all I will say.

I do hope that things improve and that no further damage is done. 

But things are never as simple as they seem. You are young, some day you will see that the world does not work exactly the way we all would like.

Edited by Chula

Marko, I'd be glad to take that water off your hands.  We've had one shower so far this year, not even enough to "green up" the desert.

I've seen where the Sava<?> has broken through it's sandbagged levees in several places, flooding places that hopefully were going to escape its wrath.

I've been on a couple of web sites asking for aid and, as always happens when something like this happens, I have to wonder which are legitimate and which are scams (so I don't post any of them!)

Coming from a farming ancestry, and knowing that crops were just planted and starting to come up, I know that you're (the whole area) going to be hard put to make any kind of crop this year. 

When you get a chance, let us know what you're doing and how.  Most of all, take care of yourself!

P.S. The floods are calming down,still no help from USA except those 100.000 USD ;) And in meantime,Azerbaijan sent 400.000 eur.

I thought this has been settled already. This thread is re-opened with the promise no one's gonna start a political debate. This is not the place to show your political resentment. If you want to ask for more money from the US government, send them an e-mail. We can't help you. 

That aside, I realized that I haven't said this yet: I think it really is commendable what you're doing right now. Please do stay safe.

Last chance,  I will not reopen this again nor will i argue about it with anyone

Marko - you promised this wouldn't get political again...... please just keep us posted about how you are getting on, we do genuinely care what you're going through 

As I said last night - calls for aid should be directed away from this forum we are not the UK / USA government and cannot influence any aid that is sent.

Marko made an observation at the end of an interesting note about the current state of affairs in Serbia:

That comment was apolitical - it was an observation. At best, with roughly 1/3 of the country either under water or in danger of flooding I think we should give the young man some slack on his comments. BBC, among others, have listed the countries which are providing support and services and glaringly some who could but haven't yet, yet I don't see the comments there criticizing them for noting where support comes from.

If this were your back yard, would you, honestly, not be looking to everyone for any help they could provide?

Edited by Al Jones

Sorry Al - i took the comment as a dig, not an observation, especially with the wink after the comment about the 100usd being received.

I think what Marko is doing is fantastic - working with others to save people and bring much needed supplies to people in need, he my total respect for that and I am not mentioning anything about the political side 

lets get this thread back on track and have it open for what it should be for :)

Let's get it straight.

I said that as i reminder, cos Liv got on my nerves when sayed that i have something against big countries,but i don't,i just said that those countries dont care much,wrote that PS for reminder.I did not wrote anything political or said anything political,just one sentence where it's shown foreign aid.

For those comment did i lost something,I'm here with me uncle from Macedonia,and other special task force guys,to help,so I'm Macedonian,in Serbia on a rescue aid mission,my family and my house is in Skopje and it is okay.

More about the situation in Serbia later

Those countries do care its you that thinks they dont.

I am not getting into this as I said above leave this thread for updates on how you are getting on and nothing more.

If its brought up again it will be closed. That includes replying to this post

sent via husky howls from my mobile