News For Floods

I just want to know,how good the west part of this world is introduced with the current situation on the balkans,the worst floods in the Balkan history.

As far as i know there is no national press or TV reporting for this..

Asking now for UK,USA,Canada...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on field..situation here is,can't describe with my words.

This is my first 10 mins break for lunch,eating and writting on some places.

I was asking cos there is still no aid from USA,UK,Germany and other "big countries" ;)

I'm on field..situation here is,can't describe with my words.

This is my first 10 mins break for lunch,eating and writting on some places.

I was asking cos there is still no aid from USA,UK,Germany and other "big countries" ;)

What is it with you and "big countries"? It's almost like you have a personal problem with them??  :huh: Disasters are heart-breaking and we all mourn for your country's loss no matter what our nationality is. If it's such a huge disaster (sorry, no news has made it to my ears yet) I'm sure everyone who has the resources to help, be it government or private organizations, would help. Maybe help is already there, just not on your part of the country. Maybe help is on the way. Maybe they're still gathering funds. How do you know? 

I'm sorry I sound defensive. But I really don't see why do you need people from "big countries" to sorta prove themselves as a... I don't know, a caring, helpful nation maybe? I am not a mind reader, but it is almost obvious that you feel inferior and use this chance to drag people's attention towards you. If I misunderstood something, don't be afraid to correct me. 

Hey there Marko.  First off I wanted to say good on you for going out there and helping out on the ground floor, I can't imagine it's an easy thing to do and not everyone would be prepared to step up.

When you're out there seeing things first hand, yes it must look like you're totally alone, seeing the look of fear and desperaration on people's faces and wondering why does noone care?! 

The reality is that people do care and things are going to be done but it is going to take some time to coordinate a multi-angency relief effort of this magnitude.   The level of help needed will be immense, it's not a matter of packing stuff on a plane and sending it over, an enormous level of careful planning and deployment will be neccessary in order to get the right help to the right places.

Hang in there and keep going. 

good luck.  x

Liv i don't want to comment your post at all as you are not right,that's all i want to say.Yes i have problem with BIG COUNTRIES as USA sent only 100k dollars for help which is NOTHING in exchange of what they wasted for bombarding Belgrade ;) And helping terrorists in 2001 in Macedonia

Emma

What planing ? Macedonia sent ground forces and equipment for 24h,in the next 9 hrs collected 2m mkd via sms,in the next 12h sent relief packages...Maybe cos we are close ?

Russia for 38 hours sent plance with special task force,Hungary sent choppers.

How much time need USA to send marines in Afghanistan,do you know that ? 48 hrs.

Do you really think that they will send us help here ?

Yes i'm in every flooded place,going where the help is needed cos we are the emergeny task force from Macedonia,and i can clearly see the flags on the uniforms.

Bulgaria,Croatia,Montenegro,Macedonia,Serbia,Hungary,Russia,Czech,Slovakia,Slovenia,This night will arrive from Germany and thats it.

From 12.00 till now (6hrs) from Macedonia,we received here in Serbia,60tons water,30t food,20t hygiene stuff, more than 6,000 blankets and lot's of clothes.

This is where the evacuated slept over the night - official basketball Arena

10265331_757074337647506_141729763774708

Thank you Sarah...Officialy i was not allowed to be here,with almost 19 years as these are all special force guys with many experience,but i have military family and pull some connection so me and my uncle can go there..

I don't know why i want this,but that's just how i am..want to help everywhere i can.

Must go now,will write you all later o/

:goodjob:  Well in that case, I won't say anything lest I end up rocking the boat.  lol. 

Was blooming hard trying to work out exactly who was offering support and how things work within the EU community, lol. 

Found this bit which I thought might be useful and of interest to anyone who doesn't already know.......

“I am grateful to Germany, Bulgaria, Austria, Slovenia and Luxembourg for this swift demonstration of solidarity,†she said. “Once again we’ve demonstrated that the EU’s neighboring countries can count on us in difficult times.†(ok so now I know which countries are offering support, lol).

"The European Commission’s Emergency Response Coordination Centre, ERCC, is in close contact with both affected countries and with participating states in the EU Civil Protection Mechanism to investigate the possibilities of further assistance." 

Take care Marko,and good luck with the ongoing rescue support.   xxx

Yes we know that,they are investigating and preparing mechanisation to clear up the dead and the mess..we need help now,later we can get everything we need.

Who knows who will die tonight,maybe i will,maybe the guy eating next to me will...The biggest river Sava is going to reach the maximum level at some urban critic places,where the evacuated are,we dont have place to move them...many power stations are getting close to the water,no time to organise trucks to get people there..it's big mess,and it;s getting worse

One more thing,all you see on TV,that the situation is under control,and that there is enought help,is a one big lie. That's all from me

Marko, good on you for getting out there and doing what you can. 

Regrettably what you're seeing is "government in action".  The smaller countries don't have all the "red tape" (I would have called it something else, but this is a family forum) and can mobilize a lot faster because of that.  It takes time for the various "big government committees" to actually get something done.

The flip side to that is that when they actually do get in gear, they have a lot more of what you need then the smaller countries do.

Any disaster, as you said, get's worse ... before it gets better ... I'm sorry, but it does take time.  The military maneuvers you mention, they were in the pipeline long before anything appeared to happen and then, yes, it did look like it happened overnight.

Take care of yourself (and your uncle!) I don't have to tell you that the center of any disaster is a dangerous place.

This one is special message for Liv,from EUFOR

"The EUFOR forces wont join the rescue operation in BiH becouse we need to respect our standards and procedures"..short answer from EUFOR

Al,Russia is not small country to send plane by plane special task force with supplies :)

This one is special message for Liv,from EUFOR

"The EUFOR forces wont join the rescue operation in BiH becouse we need to respect our standards and procedures"..short answer from EUFOR

Al,Russia is not small country to send plane by plane special task force with supplies :)

you appear to have great resentment to other countries that are not involving themselves as much as you would like. I dont think this forum is the best place for your political call for aid?

Whilst I and others think what you are doing is very important in helping countless people there and want you to stay safe, please do not try and start arguments with members because countries are not offering enough

Everyone wanta what is best for them at this difficult time and arguing wont help :)

sent via husky howls from my mobile

Marko, your frustration is showing and it's coming out as anger ... that is not a good thing!

First, while Russia is, agreed, not a small country they are much closer and that alone makes moving supplies considerably easier and quicker. From BiH to Moscow is approximately 1000 miles; from Eastern Europe to the US is probably more like 5000 (from our east coast).  Speaking for those powers in the US who can move supplies, it behooves us to make sure that what we're moving are supplies that can be used.

Last - and this is something you aren't going to want to hear and I may get sanctioned for it, but just what gives you the right to demand that we provide you with assistance?  You seem to think that we owe you something - or am I misreading this? 

The US, its people, its government and its NGOs have always jumped into the scenes of devastation - rightly it takes us longer to get there, but how about giving us a chance.

I've seen the pictures of the areas you're working in - in fact, the whole country seems to have been pretty well devastated ... I *do* salute you for what you're doing!

Edited by Al Jones

Sarah one last thing from me,i don't like politics,i dont like politicians,i dont offend anyone,i dont hate anyone, Al you can think what you want,you are not here to feel that,none of you can feel that.

I don't care what your local news lie to you,i know the truth as 19 yrs of my life i spent on researches for military.

USA,if wants,can send large army right this moment. I dont think that they want or that they will help to Serbia with force on ground.Even EUFOR don't want to help.

That was all from me,Sarah please lock this topic,this was my last open thread to off topic,something that it's not related to husky.

We have many differences,you guys from the west,and me here from the balkans.

I won't mess up in your community anymore,i will be here only for husky thing.

Thanks to everyone ;)

Good luck with your politicians Al ;)

After a discussion with Marko i have agreed to reopen this thread so that we can show support and he can communicate with us.

He is tired and frustrated, he is trying to help people who have lost everything, he is frustrated because aid isn't either being pledged or getting there fast enough.  I don't feel we should put down someone who is risking their life to help others, lets try and reopen this and all hope for a positive outcome for the families that are out there .

Lets not turn this into a politics thread, rather use it as a means to support someone in what they are going through.