Advice On Neutering In Huskies

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm going to see how long I can go without hoovering, what do you reckon?  How long can I hold out before the dyson comes out?

Been 24 hours so far!

I haven't hoovered since sunday!  ;)

To be fair i've been working so haven't been in the house to notice it too much.  lol

I haven't hoovered since sunday!  ;)

To be fair i've been working so haven't been in the house to notice it too much.  lol

Bloody nora I think we'd be drowning by now if the old vacc hadn't been out since Sunday!

I'm already getting twitchy.  It's either the hoover or the wine gets opened! Believe me after the rubbish day I've had......

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sarah. I had Eskie done last week. Stitches came out today.I told them that he had separation issues (more me really panicking and worrying) and my vet was great she let me stay with him till he went drowsy.Because of this they rang me to come and get him a lot sooner than they would normally. I was fortunate that day my daughter was off work and made my go shopping with her to take my mind off it. We tried a cone but he got it off in the night so gave it back. My friend used a babygrow type thing on hers. I just found distracting him every time he went to lick worked to a point. What amazed me was the day after he ran off down the garden and jumped on the trampoline he was so full of life.

Hi Sarah. I had Eskie done last week. Stitches came out today.I told them that he had separation issues (more me really panicking and worrying) and my vet was great she let me stay with him till he went drowsy.Because of this they rang me to come and get him a lot sooner than they would normally. I was fortunate that day my daughter was off work and made my go shopping with her to take my mind off it. We tried a cone but he got it off in the night so gave it back. My friend used a babygrow type thing on hers. I just found distracting him every time he went to lick worked to a point. What amazed me was the day after he ran off down the garden and jumped on the trampoline he was so full of life.

Thats reassuring. ... thanks hun x hope he is ok now? X

sent via husky howls from my mobile

Had Neo done afew years ago ..  think it cost about £90 ish .. didn,t bother with the cone at the time, but ended up at pets at home for one anyway as he wouldn,t leave his stitches alone ... the boys will be fine .. stop stressing n have another glass of wine .... :D .

In Bigby's case the cone was an absolute waste! We were home 10 minutes and he had the thing off! I have noticed since he's been done that he's calmed down a bit in regards to nipping and being a little s*** :P

Don't worry about it too much because they're gonna' be absolutely fine! It will be semi-difficult for the first few days but after that you shouldn't need to worry and besides I'm sure they'll wanna' sleep when they get home on the 1st night.

Aww they will be fine, we had Dallas done when he was about 1. I dropped him off in the morning and went to work and then rich picked him up when he finished work. I think being at work definitely helped keep my mind off it although I didn't like leaving him there. We put an old t-shirt round his rear end to stop him licking his stitches but he was not impressed with this at all! Lol! It's sabre's turn next, I think the hardest part with him will be keeping him quiet and still while he heals! He's such a bugger! It's surprising how quickly they bounce back and get back to their normal selves though.