Elderly Beardie Passes Over

We rescued a bearded dragon around 7 years ago. It was already an adult and we were told she was 2-3 years old. She had a great life in her viv high above the huskies, looking down at them all looking up at her, wondering what she was. But the time has come for her to scuttle over Rainbow Bridge and at approx 10 years, that is about right.

So we're down to 1 snake, 1 beardie and 2 huskies ..... space for a few more rescues I think ;)

It is great to see that we are all so 'like minded' on this particular forum although, (it must be said), that the passing of any of our fellow 'companions' is always a very sad and moving experience but it is, (as Val has already highlighted), one of the few certainties, in life, that comes to us all - unfortunately.

My wife and I have 'rescued' a large number of cats and dogs, (during the past 25 years), but nothing quite as 'exotic' as your Beardie.

On one occasion we visited a local cat rescue organisation, (after our pet cat passed away), but rather than take one of the many, good looking, cats that were sitting close to the front of the pens we looked deeper into the dark recesses, (at the rear of the enclosures), where the 'no hopers' were cowering in the darkness.

I cannot begin to imagine some of the horrors that these animals had endured, (in their very short lives), but it was very apparent, (by their demeanour), that they had lost all faith in human beings and they had resigned themselves to whatever fate had in store for them.

I believe that we gave a home to 7 of these poor creatures and the rescue centre was so taken aback that they delivered them all to us the very next day!

That was about 12 years ago and we still have two elderly, (and extremely happy), cats remaining as all the rest passed away at various times during the past few years.

It took my wife and I 18 months to touch one of these poor souls, (it would just appear for food and then disappear again), but, (during its later life it would cuddle up to me, at night, and she could be extremely affectionate).

I have been a volunteer carer, (for the Hedgehog Preservation Society Of Great Britain), for many years and we currently have two Hedgehogs spending winter with us, (to be released in the springtime), and they are of great interest to all four of our dogs!

We recently took in a rather exotic looking bird, (my wife noticed it looking very agitated in a neighbours driveway), and from a distance I thought it was a large Owl but, (once I had safely got hold of it), I noticed a slight resemblance to one of the UK's most common birds - the Pigeon!

It was, in fact, a 'Double Crested German Trumpeter' Pigeon and I have never seen such an unusual bird before, (or since), but we were able to re-acquaint it with its rightful owner after looking up the owner details from its identification ring.

I am a firm believer in 'what goes around - comes around'.

Take care out there.