winterchillz

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me rephrase that for you

You're going to bite him on the ear when you ask him to do unreasonable things

Oh, c'mon, mate, you know I was joking. Although, I love nomming on his ears nonetheless.

LOL no it was more about Him disobeying you as opposed to you asking him to do unreasonable things

It's a perspective thing. :P

LOL no it was more about Him disobeying you as opposed to you asking him to do unreasonable things

It's a perspective thing. :P

Oh, uh, I'm stupid :facepalm:

Love that movie, although IMO, 8 Below was much better. 

EDIT: Moved to TV/Entertainment section...as Main Chat is for talk about non-husky related things. :)

Thank you, Elyse!

Eight Below is a better movie, for its category. Snow Dogs is not chopped liver by any means, but it is a different type of film. I like them both.

Hidden

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakhalin_Husky

A Husky is actually any North American Spitz dog bred to pull a sled. In modern terms this includes the descendants of the Chukotka Sled dogs and other sled dog breeds.

So there are a heck of a lot of breeds of husky.

In the case of the true sled dogs that were left behind by the expedition, only two survived. But Disney did pretty well, considering they didn't write it so the entire team survived.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakhalin_Husky

A Husky is actually any North American Spitz dog bred to pull a sled. In modern terms this includes the descendants of the Chukotka Sled dogs and other sled dog breeds.

So there are a heck of a lot of breeds of husky.

In the case of the true sled dogs that were left behind by the expedition, only two survived. But Disney did pretty well, considering they didn't write it so the entire team survived.

I knew that 'husky' was just a general term...still never knew there was such a thing as the Sakhalin Husky (Japanese Husky). So they're different from Akitas then, yes?

Interesting fact: Greenland dogs are designed for freight and for hunting polar bears and such...and yet their name isn't followed with 'husky'. 

Husky is a bastardization of the name of an Arctic tribe. I prefer the term Sled Dog.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Sled_dog_breeds   <--- All "huskies"

Oh, didn't know that. 

But what if your husky doesn't pull any sleds? I don't think its right to call them a sled dog if they don't work. 

Hidden

Oh, didn't know that. 

But what if your husky doesn't pull any sleds? I don't think its right to call them a sled dog if they don't work. 

Lol I have a friend that get really irritated with dogs that don't pull (especially the show dogs) and calls them spitz dogs that resemble Siberians.

I am working on getting our local Siberian breed club harnesses and getting them signed up for a sled dog event. (None of them have done dryland mushing before, they only show.)