Pretty Big News I Want To Share

calvinandmommy

First the husband and I have decided that we are going to find Ned a new more suitable home. He is a great dog but sadly he needs to be on his own for a while. He needs so much attention and training and him and Calvin are still fighting. We unfortunately do not have the proper to to train him. (I feel stupid for getting a second dog now).

Now the really big news. 

For a long while now I have not been happy in my marriage. Because of my unhappiness it has made the husband unhappy. Last week we finally sat down and talked and have come to a mutual decision for our lives and relationship.

The husband and I are getting a divorce. Now it's not like we fight a lot or we have cheated on each other. We just finally realized we want very different things in life. He wants kids, I don't, he likes Colorado, I hate it, he hates Florida, I love it. 

We have decided he will be keeping Calvin. I love Calvin to death but I can not provide him a proper home at the time. I am going to be moving back to Florida at the end of December it looks like. A friend of mine from Texas is going to move with me actually. And we are going to move in with another friend of ours. 

Currently I am still living with the husband. We are both ok with being around each other. We have decided to say that we are just two friends getting back together instead of saying we are ending our marriage. We are just not meant to be together. 

Anyways just thought I would let everybody know the latest in my life. After the divorce and move I'll make sure I keep everybody here updated on Calvin with I get updates from the husband. 

Sorry I am cutting this short I am really tired...working two jobs to save money and going to school is killing me. Good night everybody.

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear this. I really...I really don't know what to say. :(

Are you still going to be around? Maybe adopt a husky pup when you settle down in Florida? That's a very noble and unselfish thing for you to do, leaving Calvin behind because you can't take give him a proper home right now. 

If you're not going to stick around, best of luck to you. I hope you accomplish whatever you want in life. :)

Hey, Jennifer - I guess there are all sorts of ways for a marriage to come apart; at least it sounds like you and your other half have decided to be adult and civil about it.  I've seen too many that really fall apart and the wedded bliss turns into complete acrimony.

Here's wishing the best to you all - and I hear that they have a couple of good Husky rescue groups active in Florida.

The fact you have been able to talk openly & honestly with your husband speaks volumes, most couples would feel bitter about getting divorced but you have both admitted you are not curently happy & are doing the sensible thing. I'm sorry you won't be taking Calvin but again, you have made the right decision for your dog.

Good luck to both of you, please keep Calvin's updates coming as you get them and maybe one day, a Floridian husky will make it's home with you, should circumstances allow, xx

Hey everybody! Thank you for the kind words and support. 

I am still in Colorado with the husband. But my mom just called me and I can tell she is having a hard time fighting her depression with everything going on in her life (big clue was she was crying).

I am going to talk to the husband when he gets home from work but I think I might go back to Texas. I don't want to but I can tell my mom really needs me right now. And my grandfather's health is getting worse daily.

I really think right now going home to my family would be best. I can live with my parents and get a job down there and save money then eventually move back to FL.

The husband and I are not in a very good financial situation we are discovering so we think we may hold off on the actual divorce to save money. Silly sounding I know. But thankfully we are getting along enough that we can stay married but pretty much live our own lives. And if the divorce were to be finalized soon I would pretty much be screwed over big time because I have no money.

And finding Ned the right home is really hard. The husband and I both kinda don't want to find him a new home lol.

My goal is FL the path to FL is just longer then I expected.