Hello

Delene

Hello,

Today I'm getting my new husky puppy. He is 3-4 months old. I will be posting pics of him when I get my computer back, I'm on my laptop right now. As the title states, I'm a husky newb. This is my first siberian husky. I have read information about them. I live in a very warm country it gets really hot here. A normal day here is like 91.4 F. But I have a yard and he has a lot of places for shade. Next to the house there is a huge field were he can run. But I just read that they cannot be trusted off lead. I'm hoping to learn more and be a good husky owner.

~ Delene

Delene, Hello and welcome to the forum! Husky hugs to you and yours.

If you really want to let your puppy fun in the field you can always buy a long training lead or a long retractable lead. They dont cost much and he can run to his hearts content safely.

Good luck with your new sibe baby.

Exited? You bet! I went around telling everyone I'm getting a husky puppy. Couldn't keep it in. He has this beautiful color. It's only a matter of time now that I will go and get him when the current owners arrive from work. I would flood the boards with puppy pictures soon. It's great having a forum for a certain breed. If I have questions I will definitely ask. Currently I have two other dogs an american pit bull terrier and a labrador.

Nice meeting everyone. I was thinking of naming him Teddy as he looks like a bear already and I love teddy bears.

Hiya!

Welcome to huskies r us! (BTW Sarah I think we should rename the site!! LOL)

Just beware tho as huskies are like pringles, you can never stop at just one!! Lol! As am sure you'll find out loads of people on here have a full sled dog team already! LOL! Everyone here is really friendly and as everyone else has said theres always someone around to answer questions so anything you think of just ask and pictures pictures pictures!!!

BTW Teddy is the cutest name!!! They do look like little baby bears sometimes! biggrin.gif

Yesterday I got him! He's just so sweet already, he hasn't cried all night! He knows that he has to go on the newspapers and just sleeps there quietly. I thought at night he'd cry but he didn't! I do have pics of him but my pc is down at the moment and my laptop does not have a card reader. (phone pics) But he's a bit sick I think he has the dog flu, but we got medicine and everything he needs. This morning he woke up great but still a bit sick we gave him his medicine hopefully for Monday he will be healthy again and by Monday I get my pc.

• 5 weeks later...