How Do You Americans Put Up With It !!!!!!!!!

Dunc

I am watching one of your TV series and its got the adverts cut out we can tell where they have been and they seem like every 5 mins in the UK they are about every 15 mins and that drives me mad  :mellow: 

I hate advertttttttttts :P  

Yes it does suck! That's why I have a TiVo!  I can just fast forward through them.

A half hour program is actually only about 22 minutes with 8 minutes worth of commercials.  An hour show will end up being about 44 minutes with 16 minutes of commercials!

Which is why I have a PVR (kinda like TiVo), so I can fast forward through all the commercials.

Stupid commercials. 

But, when I was younger and PVRs weren't invented yet, I remember my Mom asking us to do stuff during the commercials. Like set the table... things like that.

When I was a kid, a one hour show had three two minute commercial breaks. Now it's gotten ridiculous. PBS is my friend.

Yes, the commercials are overdone.  My DVR gets a workout when I watch TV.  Everything is recorded.

I am the same way!! We usually only watch TV on Saturday nights, when we watch all of our DVRed things.

My husband works for his family owned cable and internet company, so we have 3 DVR boxes for Free....so we record everything :)

I get anything I want off the interweb

All the ads have been removed.

I rarely watch anything on TV

1. coz of the adverts

2. I hate being tied to the TV at the time they choose to put it on

usually a really inconvenient time too.