Eight Below

Husky-gunner

Super film, very watchable for the fur-balls, but had a couple of annomolies. The rescue took place in the depth of winter when there would be virtually no day light, and yet it looked as close to summer as you could get in the Antarctic. It is based on a true story if I remember correctly - it was a Japanese station, the dogs were left for the whole winter, and two dogs survived against all odds - amazing but sad.

WOW just watched eight below I have never cried at a film but I cried my bloody eyes out at this soppy or what such a fantastic film we are all in such fantastic company with this amazing breed of dog (words fail me)

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I know exactly where you are coming from. It got me too so I have only ever watched it once. My mrs thinks it funny that I got teary eyed over it. Her attitude is "it's only a film they're all sitting at the back having cups of tea and bowls of water" .  Is it wrong for a bloke to get emmotional?

Gary.

I know exactly where you are coming from. It got me too so I have only ever watched it once. My mrs thinks it funny that I got teary eyed over it. Her attitude is "it's only a film they're all sitting at the back having cups of tea and bowls of water" .  Is it wrong for a bloke to get emmotional?

Gary.

not when it's comes to huskys :-)