Gallery And Sponsor Gallery

Marc

Hi Guys,

Many moons ago the site used to have a gallery. This gallery was removed at some point down the line purely due to the fact that it was seriously resource intensive, and therefore as the site grew it became less feesable for us to have it included as one of the site features. However I have decided that there is a way we can have it back, and therefore you will now see the new gallery tab at the top of the forum.

The gallery will be restricted in its allowances for members and almost unlimited for Sponsors of the site. A couple of reasons for this. Firstly if the site grows in people who want to use the full features of the gallery then those members will be sponsors. More sponsors we have the more resources the site can afford and therefore there is no problem with the extra resources being used. Secondly, without our site sponsors I can honestly say the site would not exist at all. It is simply too expensive to run a site like this without you, and its not often we have been able to give anything of any decent use back to you. This we would like to do as a thank you for keeping the site running for all the members who enjoy the site both now, in the past, and indeed into the future.

So here goes.

The gallery will be split into 2 sections. General, and Sponsors Albums. General will be where everyone can upload images to be shown in this category. Sponsors albums will allow the creation of separate albums for whatever use (subject to the site rules of course).

Images and albums that are uploaded to the gallery can easily be shared in the forums (as can attachments from elsewhere including the calender!) by clicking on the "My Media" button within the post editor.

Allowances.

Members

Max Upload Size:          2048kb per image

Max Images Per day:    5

Upload areas:                General

Site Sponsors

Max Upload Size:           3072kb (3mb) per image

Max Images Per day:     Unlimited

Upload areas:                 General & Sponsors Albums

Other:

Ability to create own albums

Ability to edit your images & comments

Hope you enjoy the new features of the site :)

I think i've loaded a picture to it...but not sure how!!!

I was trying to get a picture loaded onto my signature... :)

LOL well ya managed it... You will find the odd area on the forum where you upload and it shows in the gallery.