Twirling?

Sarah

Does your husky twirl round in circles before deciding on where's best to erm...how can i put this politely - poo?

I normally walk my boys on my own as I like the peace and quiet but with it getting darker earlier Marc has started coming with me and it baffled him that I knew Kimba was going to poop before he'd actually done it - i never really thought about it till after but there's just those signs that you know it's coming and hope and pray it's not a squirty one :scared:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest snowdog

oh yes i know when neeko is going to poop,she sniffs and goes round and round, but just lately i am petrified as its like a great steaming elephant poop and to be blunt not too pick upable as its soft, cant get her to poop solid for a while now and i wouldnt say i like picking poop up but i do carry poop bags but what do you do when its just not pick upable? hmmm what a disgusting question!lol

Zoya is a straightliner. She stops without worning to squat and pee, and stops without warning to hump up and poo. Our last Husky, Elke, did the circling thing, but when she poo'd, she would walk, so instead of one neat pile to pick up, you had maybe four or five little piles to pick up.

Lana: Yes i do but i go a step further! I never go in the same spot twice and if pack leader doesn't clean it up right away i will not go to cry, cry, cry and cry in the house/ yard until he does. Yes i am spoiled and beautiful.

Pack Leader: *sighs* she really does too. What she forgot to tell you is that sometimes after going potty she will kick the grass/dirt over it like cats do.

Ha! Love this thread - dunno why but it makes me grin!

Myshka will do maybe 1 circle to poop all tidy in one spot - great, but she has to walk when she widdles, that can't be done in one spot! Diesel will half cock his leg to widdle then decide it's too much effort & wee with all 4 paws on the floor, & boy does he have some bladder, he's like a horse, goes on for ever! But when he needs to poop, on a walk, he'll just stop & squat, in the garden, he circles 5 or 6 times, then decide to do it! Aren't pets wonderful??

Hock, talking of your monitor, one of my female beardies does press-ups before pooping! She does 3 or 4 press-ups then a poop, then repeats this about 3 times till she's finished! Dunno what that's all about!!

Lana: Yes i do but i go a step further! I never go in the same spot twice and if pack leader doesn't clean it up right away i will not go to cry, cry, cry and cry in the house/ yard until he does. Yes i am spoiled and beautiful.

Pack Leader: *sighs* she really does too. What she forgot to tell you is that sometimes after going potty she will kick the grass/dirt over it like cats do.

haha. Kaiya goes to work with my wife and has an outdoor kennel there. when my wife goes to feed her lunch, if she pooped in the kennel Kaiya won't show any interest in the lunch until my wife cleans it up.

When the huskies down the street come up to play, they will kick up the grass sort of like a cat. They don't just do it after potty, sometimes they just randomly do it. They are older than Kaiya, I'm assuming they are attempting to mark their turf so to speak.

Hock, talking of your monitor, one of my female beardies does press-ups before pooping! She does 3 or 4 press-ups then a poop, then repeats this about 3 times till she's finished! Dunno what that's all about!!

See, Apollo always went in his water bowl/swimming pool but he would crawl in, swim around in circles, climb out, then climb back in, swim a few more circles and then get this sudden constipated look and then relieve himself. It was pretty entertaining to watch for the most part

YES - Sabre does this as well. Sometimes he'll go round and round and then decide it's not the right spot so we have to move on then he will do the twirling again, unfortunately not always stopping in time so that it is in a couple of places. This is better than our previous dogs though as they would carry on walking as they were doing it!

• 3 weeks later...

Nukka doesnt twirl but she does walk around alot, rather tricky to find spec in the dark! And shes just started doing the kicking the grass over it as shes seen my walker dog do it and I think shes copying, its quite annoying when he does it though coz he goes really overboard, yesterday he kicked a massive pile of leaves over it so I had to spend 5 minutes digging through the pile to get to the pile as it were! Pleasant! <_<

lol

Walked to a local school today with a friend to pick up her son and we have to walk through a VERY posh estate - huge detached houses perfect lawns etc etc

Kaiser decided he liked the look of a particularly well kept lawn and yes, you guessed it - proceeded to erm "fertilise" it :blink: Oh as if the embarrassment of the kids walking past wasn't enough the owner of the house was watching!! :o AND it gets worse!!!!! Kimba then decided HE wanted to fertilise the lawn as well thank GOD i had loads of poo bags!!! Kimba then proceeded to dig over his fertiliser as i was tying up the bags! OMG i nearly died! :unsure:

my boy circles too ,but ive had him awhile now and hes never dont the buisness on walk always waits till he gets home i reckon this is something prev owners may have taught him i dunno ,hes only disgraced himself twice in the house and i cant say either was entirely his fault ,gawd knows wat hell be like if hes ever on an away trip