Any other Browncoats out there?

Niki

Just thought I'd ask, as one has already welcomed me. I'm new here, my two huskies are the jewels of my heart, but I was on another site and never thought of joining a husky forum until today. The other site is a Firefly fan site (the first and only fan site I've ever been on or will be on), and since the show is long dead, I have hung out in the "Real World Events" forum for a couple of years. As in many such forums, it gets pretty heated, is inhabited by only a few hard-core righties or lefties, and the talk is almost exclusively politics.

I got sick of the bickering a long time ago and spent some time trying to encourage discussions of other things, or at least CIVIL discussions, but with the election getting close, it's only gotten worse, so it occurred to me to look for somewhere else to hang out, somewhere healthier mentally. Obviously I've found it!

But at the same time, when a Browncoat was one of the first who welcomed me, I got curious. I know we ARE "everywhere", but I wondered if there are others here too. For anyone who makes no sense of this, ignore it, I was just curious. ;o)

you've lost me lol What's a browncoat (excuse my ignorance lol)

@Sarah...I was going to ask the same thing...What's a browncoat? Or are you talking about the color of your husky?

I think shes referring to the color of her huskies fur? The color is Copper it does look brown :P Its like people referring to sables or light reds as blondes :D other then that I dont know what a brown coat could be haha

Awh! Welcome to the pack8.gif

I see the Huskies in your signature.

The red one has such a pretty mask.

LOL yeah, a Browncoat is a fan of the sadly lamented, much missed TV series Firefly.

Created by Jos Wheadon the creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dollhouse.

It was cancelled after just a short first season.

It has since gone on to be a massive classic and spawned a movie Serenity.

There are books, Novels a comic series and there is talk of a possible animated TV series.

If you've never watched it please do it's awesome.

Most of the scripts were co-written by Jos Wheadon who recently directed the massive Avengers movie.

His scripting and dialogue are second to none.

Here endeth the sermon.

Now sod off and find the show. :up:

When the series first came out, my brother was a huge fan and i hadn't heard of it. So he gave the DVD to me and said i had to watch it. I am a fan of everything Jos Whedon has done. I was a fan of Buffy and never missed an episode of Angel. So i thought the series must be good. Well, from the very first episode i was hooked and watched every single episode after the other into the early hours of the morning cause i could not stop watching it. I still can't believe they canceled Firefly after one season :(

Solitary, yup, you got it, Andy is OBVIOUSLY a Browncoat, given his knowledge, and Solitary is a self-avowed one. It's not a husky-oriented thing, I was just curious because when I introduced myself, another Browncoat spoke up. We ARE everywhere, trust me, all over the world and there are annual benefit showings (also worldwide) of Serenity to raise money for Joss' favorite charity, "Equality Now", as well as balls, weekly meet-ups in places like San Francisco and other big cities, and on and on.

Let's see, we have 3 Browncoats and 3 who enjoyed the show, by my count. Pov, you could count yourelf as a Browncoat 'cuz you own the series...if you're like me, I may buy a DVD now and again, but there are only a couple where I actually forked out the money for the entire series (and yes, Buffy is one of the others).

Tanya, your story is very, very typical, trust me. I've introduced a number of people to the series and have yet to find anyone who wasn't hooked immediately. So I'm counting you as a Browncoat too; anyone hooked enough right off to go through the episodes like that is a Browncoat at heart, at the very least! ;o)

I asked because I run into them everywhere, from checkers at the market to the guy who came to fix our oven to a guy who works at the nursery where I get my plants (who said he buys five box sets every Xmas and gives them to friends--every one of which has ended up a fan). We're kind of a breed like husky owners; so in love with it that we seek out others like ourselves.

As to its cancellation, I won't go into it--or many of the other things I could babble on about. Suffice it to say that, although they all have other gigs now, every one of the cast said they'd find a way if Joss would just bring it back--including Joss himself (which possibility is still discussed, especially by newbies, but will never happen)--even Nathan Fillion, despite having a NETWORK gig with Castle. Fillion and others are still involved with the fans and occasionally post themselves on a couple of the fan sites and Twitter to their fans, and of course we keep track of them all, they STILL show up to huge crowds at every Con, and there must be a Browncoat at the Science Channel, because they run marathons even to this day. And of course we were all "shickled titless" when Joss' Avengers was such a big hit, and quite a few are both Browncoats and Whedonites, folks who follow everything Joss does.

'Nuff...I WILL NOT ramble on about it further, I was just curious and, when one identified himself right off the bat, I was pretty sure there would be others. Excuse my curiosity and subject-jacking, I will shut up now.