Sister's new puppy

My little sister is getting a puppy next week for her 16th birthday :groan: He's a labrador cross German shepherd......cross boxer......cross doberman.....:eek: I kind of want to skim over that part though because I know it's a sensitive issue, and I put up all the fight I could so no point complaining about that now :rolleyes: (especially to me! :P )

Anyway, we've been to see the litter and the one she's reserved is super cute :) My sister originally wanted a black and tan female but she was SO naughty! Constantly running around, throwing herself on you and chewing on everything! So I told her she would really be much better off picking one of the calmer ones, and the rest of us had all fallen for the black and tan male with brindle legs :wub: He was so quiet and sweet, just wanted to cuddle, so she chose him :) She's decided to name him Retro which I'm not sure about :confused: Here's some photos from the litter at 5 1/2 weeks old - I figured I best tell people here about him as he's likely to come up in my posts for a while as my two settle with him :P

Retro:

post-2580-13586058966501_thumb.jpg

Female puppy wearing a collar and Retro on the right:

post-2580-13586058967274_thumb.jpg

Female puppy:

post-2580-13586058967734_thumb.jpg

The only other male puppy from the litter (of 6) apart from Retro:

post-2580-13586058968378_thumb.jpg

We've been to see them twice already and will be going again on Monday to see them and hopefully the father too (the boxer cross doberman - the mother is a lab cross GSD), before picking him up next weekend.

well - that's quite a cross! LOL

She does look so sweet though :wub: Hope she gets on well with your 2 x

Tell me about it! I think I'll just end up calling him Rowntree's Randoms, or just Rowntree for short! Haha. I know Kiska will be fine but I've got NO idea how Freya is going to react. She's great with kids, so hopefully that skill will be generalised to the young of all species! :P

I can see a lot of doberman in his face! I've seen a photo of the dad and he looks pretty big, and the mum was there while we were there and she's also really big, so this pup is going to be huge! Haha.

tell me about it! I think i'll just end up calling him rowntree's randoms' date=' or just rowntree for short! Haha. I know kiska will be fine but i've got no idea how freya is going to react. She's great with kids, so hopefully that skill will be generalised to the young of all species! :P[/quote']

lmfao!!!!

I can see a lot of doberman in his face! I've seen a photo of the dad and he looks pretty big' date=' and the mum was there while we were there and she's also really big, so this pup is going to be huge! Haha.[/quote']

Lol and that's why you're the animal expert and not me! How many threads have I started here about Bear? Too many to count probably, lol. He's definately gonna be big, look at the paws on those pups! Lol

Lol and that's why you're the animal expert and not me! How many threads have I started here about Bear? Too many to count probably, lol. He's definately gonna be big, look at the paws on those pups! Lol

Aww shucks :P I wouldn't call myself an expert, I just have a friend who spent a lot of time at my uni house with his two dobermans so I'd like to think I can recognise the specific head shape of the breed :)