im reporting oscars breeder

Jamie_426

what i was saying is the parents can't be kc registerd because they would of kcd the pups and got more money any 1 with common sence would do that

ok im only just catchin up with this thread so sorry this is like way far back - i personally dont agree 2 that statement blaze cost 550 - only 50 more than what u paid and he is kc reg a reputable breeder wont charge more just cuz the pups r kc n cheaper cuz they cnt b bother 2 register the pups - i dont belive that 'any1 with common sence wud do this either surely that wud make u out 2 b breeding 'just for money' ?

the bottom line is he put pen to paper declaring they were registerd you can't sign your name and lie take it to small claims that deal with these cases so people like these can't get away with lieing simple as.

did he put his pen 2 paper saying the pups were registered or the parents? or just sayin he wud send u the parents papers?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bottom line is he put pen to paper declaring they were registerd you can't sign your name and lie take it to small claims that deal with these cases so people like these can't get away with lieing simple as.

did he put his pen 2 paper saying the pups were registered or the parents? or just sayin he wud send u the parents papers?

Thanks for your help sarah.

I dont have the parents names, i have pictures of them but thats about it.

and to everone else, i wrote about whats happening on here for some advice not for negative comments, everyone is welcome to a opinion, but if it is negative i do not wish to here about your comments.

i have my own opinion and my opinion may differ from someone elses.

bingnblaze

He said to us that the parents were kc registered, and he was going to scan them at work and give a copy to us.when we picked up oscar we asked for the papers and he said they were at work and he would email us, so by this time we had fallen in love with oscar and we agreed that he would send them via email. we asked him to sign a letter saying he would send them via email shortly, and he had ignored us ever since.

no1s trying 2 give u negative comments we r just curious as 2 y u want 2 sue? Oscars breeder what did the advertisement say when u were looking for ur boy?

do u want 2 show or work him?

also like every1 else says enjoy ur pup - hes healthy and happy surely thats all that matters

posted at same time - is there any other way u can get in touch without taking him 2 court? also if u do take him 2 court do u have in writing (printed off from emails or sumin what u just sed 2 me above about emailing them 2 u and stuff?

on the note it says

1st 'receipt'

100 paid as deposit for light coloured husky puppy<< we choice his brother first but changed our mind and he didnt change the receipt. (male)

400 left to pay

'Signed by him'

his adress and phone number.

2nd ' receipt' from when we pick up oscar

1 black and white husky. puppy male.

parents paperwork to follow via email/post

'signed by him'

400 recieved in cash.

ok so if u do HAVE TO report him this is a good thing 2 keep hold ov have u got it down that he sed he was in the process ov sending them / left them at wrk ect?

is there any other way ov getting intouch have u tried phoning him? if u only have a mobile number if u put 141 infront ov his number it will come up as withheld or use a friends phone maybe?

dunno what 2 suggest tbh what about if u just asked him 2 email u the names ov his parents ect then u can look online or ask on here n then make up ur own linage (not sure if thats the right word) for him? - well not make it up but once u have the parents registered names - providing he wasnt lying about them bein kc (or like lucy sed they might have restrictions on them - myas mum did and pagan does too) then we can help u find out the grand parents ov Oscars parents n then his great grandparents n so on

You may not want to read what ive posted below but i think it needs saying:

You are blatantly ignoring what most people here have told you - you should be enjoying your pup and be greatful that he is healthy!

You are complaining that the breeder isnt ethical saying/ writing things and then not keeping to them, but at the same time you are appearing to have double standards. You say you have no money, but yet you can afford 500 for a pup - I take it you are aware of how much upkeeping a puppy takes.

From what ive read you just want to research his parents/ find out a little more abut them and his history - Why didnt you do this in the first place? I was also a first time husky buyer and bought a pup withot KC reg, but I asked and saw the pedigree certs for her parents before i paid a deposit. The breeder said that they couldnt afford to register these pups - Im guessing that one of them had restrcitions!

Hmmm, ok so you want the paperwork ..........my opinion would be to send a formal letter to the breeder with a SAE saying something like :

Dear Mr Breeder

We bought our Husky from you on such and such a day and as per your receipt (copy enclosed for your perusal) you advised that the parents paperwork was to follow. We haven't received this as yet and would like it so that we can research his history as i'd love to know as much about my boy as possible as i'm sure you can appreciate.

I would be grateful if you could send the copies as promised in the enclosed SAE.

Many thanks

Send it recorded delivery and keep a copy and wait a few weeks to see if you've heard anything back

to be honest i do think you should take them to court. Ok so you never spent any more by him sending them or not however the agreement forms a legal contract. As for the tax payers money stuff people keep mentioning, im sorry but why should someone be alllowed to break the law and get away with it? They were sold on pretence that the papers of the parents were sent on and since they were not then they have been sold on false pretence which is fraud as this was done to get money out of someone. For all this person knows he may not have bought the pup if he had known otherwise

Heya,

I was wondering if you have contacted trading standards? They should be able to give you a good idea of how to go about things and what can be done. I had to do this as the breeder I purchased Tala from did actually advertise the pups under false informtaion and though our situations are different they may be able to help out as you have proof the breeder signed to the affect that he would send out the parents papers to you at a later date.

Here's a link: http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

It has a entry box at the bottom so you can find the trading standards number for your area.

Ok, now Ive read through all 8 pages of this:

1) Lucy has already made this point, but if the breeder has bred from registered dogs with endorsments on, hes most likely bred from them without their breeders knowledge and approval.

2) If one or both parents have endorsments, or one or both parents are not registered, the pups cannot be registered.

3) If all you want is a family history for your pup, the small claims court is an expensive way of achieving it. The cost of bringing a claim is (I think?) about 245, which YOU will have to pay and which you will not be able to recoup from the breeder, even if the court finds in your favour.

4) The kennel club will not help you with this one, as the litter bred is not and cannot by the sounds of it, be registered. They will only take any sort of interest if the breeder is listed with them as an accredited breeder, but don't hold your breath!

Simple fact is, you have an unregistered, non-pedigree pup. He may be purebreed, but without a kennel club certificate to state it, hes not a pedigree, as the word 'pedigree' commonly bandied about by the breeders of unregistered pups, implies that the pup has a kennel club certificate of registration to prove hes a pedigree. He doesn't, therefore hes not!

I would go with Sarah's suggestion and save your cash, as it's going to cost you 245 win or loose.

Also not sure where the 500 and 650 for unregistered/registered pups comes from?

There are plenty of breeders, mostly among the working kennels, selling their well-bred working line pups for 500. Possibly because their pups are already spoken for and going to other working kennels they know and trust, but also because their motivastion for breeding was not to make a profit, or even to have pups to sell. In the words of one such breeder I know "I don't see any valid reason to ask more than 500 for my pups" He's breeding a pure, well-known working line. No run-of-the-mill random bloodlines in there!

I can't see any justification for a high price tag on many litters bred from 2-a-penny bloodlines out there. My personal thoughts are that only those who have gone to great expense to import the parents, do an overseas mating, Use A.I or otherwise spend a fortune to prove an outstanding dog should be charging any more than 600 for a well-bred registered pup.

An unregisted dog, in my opinion, is only worth what you are willing to pay for it, and I think most unregistered litters sold are grossly overpriced.Why would I want to go out and pay 500 for one, when I can buy a well-bred registered pup for the same price, or very little more. In fact, if I was going to get an unregistered dog, I would much rather approach a rehoming centre or breed rescue for one, which would cost me just a rehoming fee (highest of which is 200 to the best of my knowledge, for a REGISTERED rescue) and neutering would most likely be included in the cost!

to be honest i do think you should take them to court. Ok so you never spent any more by him sending them or not however the agreement forms a legal contract. As for the tax payers money stuff people keep mentioning, im sorry but why should someone be alllowed to break the law and get away with it? They were sold on pretence that the papers of the parents were sent on and since they were not then they have been sold on false pretence which is fraud as this was done to get money out of someone. For all this person knows he may not have bought the pup if he had known otherwise

So you are advocating breaking the law to take someone to court for breaking the law? Falsely claiming legal aid is also fraud. If the OP genuinely had no money, and are entitled to legal aid, then fair enough, but they've already posted that this isn't he case.

Sorry to the OP, this isn't aimed at you, you and I have had our discussion about this, but I just don't understand the double standards here.