im reporting oscars breeder

Jamie_426

:asshole2: The breeder we got oscar from promised he would provide copies of both parents papers and i made him sign a sheet saying papers to follow

i have tried contacting him for about 3 week and still nothing,

even though papers don't matter because hes pedigree hes blatently ignoring me it seems the parents cannot be kc reg because he would of kc all pups to get more money

as a result of the igronance

i have sent a email to my local solicitiors i think i have a big chance having him sign a piece of paper to say he would send me both parents papers and he's totally ignored me

so if it goe's to small claims court it will not look good for him what doe's everybody else think ?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a matter of principle, I'd take the guy to court. Don't know how it works in the UK, but here in the US, it would be a civil matter, so it would require hiring an attorney and filing a law suit. Law enforcement would not normally get involved, and about the only option for filing a complaint would be with what is called the Better Business Bureau, but they have no authority. Hope you have a better system in the UK. As far as papers go, I have never registered any of my dogs. Once I get them home and they wrap me around their little toes, that's all I need.

lol @ Dave, and nope our system sucks, civil matter, would be really hard to impossible to sue, its probably more timely and costly than buying an actaul KC reg dog. BUT on princible, espec if he advertised he was KC and you paid under the impression..you could try fraud or seomthing. Keep us posted!

Oh there is one other approach we can take here in the US, that is file a written complaint with the State Attorney General. If a citizen has been defrauded, the State has a duty to step in. The only problem is, they prioritize, so that's why things like this usually end up in civil court.

i have some advice, prob wont go down well but hey...

take a chill pill, forget it, and move on. Oscar is no less a great dog for not having papers, will give you the same amount of fun and love, and a court case will add to stress and isnt really needed unless you wish to breed, race or show him.

to be honest ice when i come to buying the pup first thing i said was

is it's parents kc registerd

he answerd yes

i don't believe 1 of it's parents is registerd otherwise he would of kc all pups to get more money the pup is still worth 500 with not kc reg but with kc reg 650 + and it doesnt cost too much to register a pup

he signed a piece of paper saying papers to follow, but i think because he knew we was young he thought we wouldn't do anything he will have a shock.

what i was saying is if the parents were kc registerd is he would of kc all pups to get more money but they werent he tried saying the parents were so i wanted papers to prove it and a signature so i got that so that was the agreement and he's broke that agreement because he hasent sent me any and ignores me.

Sorry, I'm still a bit confused.

You bought a pup from someone who said the parents were KC registered, and that if you wanted the pup to be registered, it could be for 650? But you said you didn't want the pup registered, so you paid 500?

Now you want to see the parent's papers? Why? You can't register your dog yourself, so it doesn't make any difference. Why didn't you see the parents papers when you went to see the pup, instead of waiting for him to send you a copy?

i bought a none kc registerd pup i know you can't kc it yourself only the breeder can and he said he would give me copies of the parents what i was saying is the parents can't be kc registerd because they would of kcd the pups and got more money any 1 with common sence would do that besides it all theres something fishy because hes totally ignored me to be honest

Why didn't you ask to see the parents papers when you saw the pup? Or when you collected it?

I think that you should chalk it up to experience. I'm not sure that just because you're a student, you will get legal aid, I'd suggest you check that out because if not, I wouldn't waste my money sueing them.

Why didn't you ask to see the parents papers when you saw the pup? Or when you collected it?

I think that you should chalk it up to experience. I'm not sure that just because you're a student, you will get legal aid, I'd suggest you check that out because if not, I wouldn't waste my money sueing them.

Totally agree here.

What is the point in having the parents papers? The pup wasn't advertised as a pedigree dog and therefore the breeder has no real obligation to you. Saying that he'd send you copies of or show you the parents papers doesn't mean much unless this was part of the advertisement or sale agreement. And even then - you bought from a dodgy, unregistered breeder. It's not worth going to court over, chalk it up to experience and use this experience to teach you to buy from a reputable breeder next time.

Seeing the parents papers is still no proof your dog is purebred - because you have no idea if the papers really belong to the dogs who are the parents of your pup. It's not worth your time, money and energy. You've got the pup now so chalk this up to experience and enjoy your puppy.