Custom Website Competition!!

Marc

OK guys, this is the first time that people have been offered anything of this sort on the site, and likely to be very few and far between that this kind of thing will be offered on the site.

As you know each year we aim to raise enough money to bring a member over from another part of the world to the UK for our official husky camp in April, and also to replenish items lost from previous camps such as the gazebo that was destroyed by wind usually used for the food area. There are various bits going on around the forum however we would like to offer you something different.

We want you to go to the extreme!!

What we would like is for people to come up with ideas on how to raise money for bringing a member over to the UK. Whether this be things on the site, or something which may be more successful such as fund raising ideas at the husky meets that you have. We want you to do this so well that we can proudly say as a site "We can bring over anyone, from anywhere on the globe!!". And this time we are gonna give you the incentive to be the best at this.

What do I get out of this?

We have decided that the person who raises the highest amount of funds for the site can have their own website completely custom built by the husky owners tech team (Bluewolf and Myself). This is something not to be underestimated and I can tell you that having done freelance myself in the past is something I would charge hundreds of pound for if someone wanted to me to do some contract work for them. You guys are gonna get 2 OF US!! On top of the site build I will personally register the domain name of your choosing (if you dont know what that means, husky-owners.com is the sites domain name) and will host the site for the next 2 YEARS completely free of charge!!!!!

Sounds good, but I fancied a personal gallery/blog/website *delete as appropriate

Me and Jos have been talkin about this and we can build around yourself. What we are prepared to offer in our services as options are as follows:

1. A blog for yourself and your husky (or something else if ya fancy lol)
  2. A personal website with 5 pages designed and information on how to create more yourself.
  3. A Personal gallery where you will be able to upload your pictures to show your friends and family

NO MATTER WHICH YOU CHOOSE, you will have the choice of colour scheme, images, content etc and we will try our best to give you a proof image of what we are going to do so that you have an idea of what to expect when it is done.

RULES

1. The contest will end on 1st December 2012
  2. ONLY funds that are received in by this date will count, and the highest will win the contest
  3. Any member banned from the site will automatically be excluded from the contest
  4. Funds will be totalled based on the current GBP value based on conversion rate at the time of sending.

HAVE FUN

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Congratulations to Pete (And Louise I should add too :) )

1. A blog for yourself and your husky (or something else if ya fancy lol)
  2. A personal website with 5 pages designed and information on how to create more yourself.
  3. A Personal gallery where you will be able to upload your pictures to show your friends and family