white fang

got stopped by a lady on a night walk and she asked "isn't this the dog breed that was used in white fang?" I'm surprised she didn't say "snow dogs" or "eight below" honestly.. kinda made me wonder what made this movie "more famous" than eight below. My classmate did a presentation about this movie when I was in junior high and according to the presentation it has a sad ending. Don't like sad endings, but now I'm curious about how great this movie is x)

reviews, comments or suggestions?

I liked the book when I was younger, but I loved the movie from 1991. They took liberties with it and made it really happy. Ordinarily I want movies to follow books, but in this case the 1991 version was great for the family. I can see why its so popular since its about more than the dog.

I read the book when I was in grade school, I remember it being enjoyable. The movie was ok, it's sad. The dog used in the film is a mid-low content Wolf Dog, not a Siberian.

ha! Knew it! I spent lots of times in front of my laptop trying to figure out what kind of husky plays fetch off-lead in an un-enclosed area x___x (its the only thing I remember from the movie's trailer LOL)

• 1 year later...

Just watched "The white fang", a must watch movie for every wolflike dogs lovers. Bloody dog got me in tears, a wonderful story of how loyal and loving our dogs are when you treat them right and how they never forget of who their friends are.

The bear scene was really something special to me, as we had a close encounter with one once and Kira was ready to stand up for us (good thing she was on a leash and didn't have to as the bear didn't want anything to do with humans, just went his path)

I strongly recommend it to everyone, I watched it before, but never from a stand point of a husky owner.