Lost baby in the garden!

siberian_wolf

We have a baby pigeon in the garden! Poor thing nearly became Gizmo's dinner!

I was going to go a wrap it in a blanket and bring it indoors and keep in a large box where it would be safe whilst I called RSPCA or someone to come and collect it and get it out of harms way as we have quite a few cats around and obviously my 3 boys and also foxes around too! I can't find it anymore :(

Its only young and can't fly yet, there are two adult pigeons flying around so I assume they are the parents but when they come into the garden I see no baby pigeon approach them :( I just hope wherever it is, is has found somewhere safe and out of harms way!

I could easily approach it in fact it didnt even attempt to get away when I went to get some photos, after getting the boys in! But when I went to get a blanket it had gone :(

Here go here some photos

Here the pigeon (please note, the zoom was not used!):

SSA503611.JPG

SSA503601.JPG

Here is one adult possible parent looking for baby:

SSA503621.JPG

and here is my boys looking through the window at their next meal (they wish!) - please excuse the mess on the floor, marley has been busy chewing toys and hadnt hoovered then!

SSA503631.JPG

and this one of Gizmo still looking and bandit running away from humping marley!

SSA503641.JPG

thanks all :) no sign of the pigeon since but still have the 2 adults flying around. Definately not in our garden now as the boys have been out several times and not spotted it.

lol @ squidge and ade it looks wose in real life than in the photos! you cant see the layer of fur in the pic lol

lol we would rule the catwalk (oooops sorry i mean the dogwalk, lol) with fur clothes lol

No sign of the baby pigeon and no sign of parents so I guess they have been reunited but I just hope the cats didnt get it. The weather has been horrid so not seen much sight of the cats around.

I see your point, but dogs dont carry Diseases and if they did what would happen? they would probably be put down, Would you be ok with rats running around your garden? you would prob get the dogs to catch it or get pest control out to kill them... but knowing you Linda you would prob catch it and give it a home....lol..

bless i only have these two now hubby not much for animals i love snakes but i got no chance lol

I feel for you linda! I wanna snake but Jamie doesnt like them either :( Linda do you wanna move down here and I will send jamie up to yours to keep your hubby company lol we can have snakes then :D

he is packed and ready lol will meet halfway and swap lol

Ive never had a snake of my own but at college we had a carpet python (George), 2 Boa Constrictors (one which got rehomed to a pupil), 2 Everglade rat snakes (female was escape artist!) and too many corn snakes!

Also worked in reptile shop for a while for work experieance wher they had an 18ft retic, he was a monstor! I like Royal Pythons (Ball Pythons) ;)