Sibe containment/fencing

Anoushka

I was wondering how everyone contains their sibe's ... ??

My sibe's are the most INCREDIBLE and AMAZING escape artists ... I have had to make my fences fox proofed

but I am moving to a new house where there is no fencing and I have been getting quotes for fencing that I will put into the ground about half a metre for the digging... I am wondering what kind of fencing other people use to keep your sibe's safe and secure ??

we just have a normal wooden fence - Blaze has never tried 2 escape however if urs r well known escape artists then a fence like we have might not b any good n then maybe the bit ov fencing on the left hand side ov my picture might b a better option (the wooden thingys r all the way across with no gaps like u can see in our fence take a look -

DSC00637.jpg

my sibe's are notorious diggers ... my back yard looks like the moon with millions of massive craters

I dont mind tha hold diging - but they used to dig under the fences and chase kangaroo's (which are reallly aggressive when in packs and can tear a dog in hlaf with their crazy big claw toes)

how far into the ground does that fence with the blockade on it go?

BTW .. blaze is a a good looking husky

another tip is that you can buy anti dig strips, which are dug in around the base of the fence, normally made of heavy duty plastic, and doubled over so the dog cant get under it, failing that, ive found in the past that even lawn wdging can deter the digging next to a fence

Our back garden has 6ft wooden fence with panels quite a bit closer than in the pic above - means he doesn't see any cats / birds between the panels that makes him want to chase them! We do tend to be out in the garden with Zeus supervising him too. And if we aren't, we're close by (in the kitchen which opens out onto the garden) to check on him every 5mins.

That looks good. Fencing can be expensive - we replaced just one side (other 2 were fine as neighbours had fixed already!) and just for a fairly normal sized garden we paid 300 for the one side. Obviously labour will have been big part... and we looked into the B&Q options but they worked out quite pricey too... plus we'd have to do it ourselves so we called in the experts !! ;)

ours is 6 ft wood fencing (feather edge), then heavy duty mesh on top to stop dogs eating the fence, trellis along top of fencing to add more height so some is about 7 ft . mesh buried in concrete around base, all the garden is slabbs, concreted. Our plants are even behind mesh in back garden.

5 ft wooden fencing hand built by me, micha or saskia dont even bother trying to escape, if they did i would put up some trellis, as or digging they dont even dig by the fence.

as long as they have loads of excercise, and are kept mentally stimulated they are usually ok.(of course you always get some that are just manic about digging and nothing will change it)

We have a 6 foot panelled fence they decorate my lawn with husky holes but haven't figured out how to dig under as yet lol

Try putting chicken wire under the lawn - if they dig down to it that should soon stop them as they don't like the sensation

lol. I'm not a good example. I have a 4 foot chain link...

She just will sit in her favorite spot on the patio all day. Never even goes near the fence. She'll walk around the yard a little bit, but goes right back to her spot and sleeps most the day away until her food and run at night.

I'm lucky to have a Sibe that doesnt seem to even consider leaving. !!

I have a 6ft wooden fence around the majority of the garden (Part of it is another persons conservatory so its all bricked off - I just hope she isn't going to be one of these sibes that can clear 6ft lol ) :)

I have a trench of concrete below the fence panels lol (luckily it is concealed with grass etc so it isn't an eye sore!) I Probably have over done it but upon researching the breed I am not taking any chances!