Fruit?

Sarah

Lex likes his veg but doesn't really like fruit and he can't stand anything made out of potato! you could drop a portion of chips on the floor and he would leave them!! He even hates crisps! But yoghurts are another story as soon as he smells you eating a yoghurt thats it hes off on one especially if it is strawberry he must like the smell or something

My 3 love all different kinds of fruit and veg:

Sprouts

Grapes

Apples

Pears

Carrots

Peas

Tomato

Cabbage Leaves

Kiwi fruit

Peas

Sweetcorn

Thats all so far. Tried Potato but they didn't like that (they will eat roasted but it comes back!). Although they like tomato, I don't like giving it them as, like their grapes (see rainy day forum under Toy / Product reviews page) , they like to play with them and when they pounce on them it goes everywhere!

Bo likes carrots and apple slices and sweet potatoes.

He also loves grapes and would take your arm off for them. Unfortunately, they can be associated with kidney failure even when a dog gets only a few..... so despite his attraction, he doesn't get them unless he happens upon one that has dropped and I haven't found it. Which would be VERY, VERY, VERY seldom.

• 10 months later...

i think they contain cyanide or something in an amount that doesnt affect us but does affect them :confused:

kira loves carrots and will happily eat a whole one, peas in gravy, sweetcorn in gravy and she stole a whole bunch of bananas off the side and peeled them to eat the middle!

The second link lists garlic. I was going to try garlic next week as I saw that some recommended it for fleas. A quick search online shows that this is another possibly controversial topic. I think the HO consensus is that it is fine in small doses. If it works for Dreamcatcher huskies it works for me;)

The second link lists garlic. I was going to try garlic next week as I saw that some recommended it for fleas. A quick search online shows that this is another possibly controversial topic. I think the HO consensus is that it is fine in small doses. If it works for Dreamcatcher huskies it works for me;)

i think i heard that garlic tablets are better than powder, not sure tho

Simba will chew on a carrot, but only to the point it breaks into little pieces, which he then leaves scattered about. He does like cucumber.

Naala loves carrots, but is only so-so with cucumber.

Neither likes apples nor bell peppers. Still trying to figure out what they do and don't like.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_can_dogs_eat_apples_but_not_the_seeds

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/379844/foods_that_can_kill_your_dog.html[/QU

Thanks for that. Sabre has eaten whole apples before, he loves them, but not any more! Will make sure he doesn't eat the seeds in future.

Haley and Kahtadin love carrots, that's their morning treat and what we use when Kahtadin goes into his crate before we go to work. They had apples that they found outside - we have a crab-apple tree in the front yard and they tried eating the apples they found on the ground, but we don't like them eating things they find outside so we try to keep them away from the tree. We have apple flavored treats that Kahtadin likes, but Haley doesn't care for them.

They showed interest in the lizard food (greens, squash, and zucchini) but didn't eat any of it when I "dropped" some on the ground for them.

They also like berries, so we found berry-flavored treats that they love!