bath time for Eika!

Sqwidge

she did jump out mid shampoo and she did get my legs drenched...and the bathroom look like a fur factory exploded once she had gotten out and ran around the bathroom with me chasing her with a towel!!!

But she generally just stands there, and turns around when i need her to!!

oh and for shaking incidents, i can tell when she's about to...and i pull the curtain along!

but when she's out...there's nothing you can do about the shaking and the bathroom is a death trap!

I'm curious how often you all bathe your dogs. We've read they may only need to be bathed twice a year. When do you know it is time for a bath? Our girls are almost 8 months and really have no need just yet as far as I can tell. After the upcoming winter I expect they might as we have a lot of dirt and sand that they pick up.

I'm curious how often you all bathe your dogs. We've read they may only need to be bathed twice a year. When do you know it is time for a bath? Our girls are almost 8 months and really have no need just yet as far as I can tell. After the upcoming winter I expect they might as we have a lot of dirt and sand that they pick up.

we only wash micha when she is smelly, not when she is dirty, as the dirt never seems to stay long.

whats a waterless bath? would be interested in hearing about that.

your dogs a therapy dog. well done you. i am working to have saskia as a therapy dog, but we need her for 6 months before she can be tested for suitability.

she has been bathed about 3 times in her 8 months...first one she slipped and rolled in her pee when she was about 10 weeks old and wasn't fully house trained (so gross!) 2nd one she was really dirty and smelly and this time she had been playing with my sister in laws German Shepherd last week and she had slobbered all over her and i just couldn't take the smell!

You're right tho, unless they really need it, you don't need to bath them, i just like to make sure i give her one every now and then so she's used to it, so if she did get really stinky then she would hold still...

Oh i would love to have Eika as a therapy dog, she is so loving, but waaaay to hyper, maybe when she is a bit older she may calm down slightly (yeah right!)

awww she doesn't look too happy lol Shes very cute:rolleyes:

Well i would tend to wash them more in the summer >> when all the bugs and ants are around. I know in the winter they may get muddy and it may be annoying for you, the best thing is to just baby-wipe them down. In the summer things can bite them >> im not sure what it was but some fly or bug bit Alaska several times so i gave her a wash and some mosquito/bug repellent. Alaska has had about 7 washes this year >>a little overboard it may seem? BUT i can say that 5 of these times she has smeared herself in fox poo:confused:

Other than the really nasty stuff, 2 times in the summer months and maybe once in the winter should be fine, they produce natural oils in their skin and coat which prevent them from getting dry skin, the more you wash the harder it is for the oil to regenerate >> and i find that either washing them in a shampoo specc for dogs or baby johnsons os best...anthing else gives them dry, itchy skin. We have these soapy pet wipes which you can use too, they are cleansing and act to clean and disenfect the area...... so theres tons of other things you can do to clean your dog other than bathing them all the time:)