Skype?

Mazz

Anyone use Skype? It looks interesting, but not sure how well it works. They also have an app for mobile/cell phones I believe.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

I use it all the time - I use it to talk to my family every week.

It's pretty good and the only reason why I have problems are the university's slow internet connection...when I'm at home Skype works beautifully!

I've tried other programs, but Skype is the one that gives the most quality and is the most stable, IMO.

I have it, though I had issues getting Skype to recognise my microphone and webcam before. I'm only able to use it on my laptop for now which is microphone only :(

I don't like the program in general (too big to keep open in the background) but the audio quality is really great. I always use it with friends when we're playing a multiplayer game :D We don't talk often via Skype, but when we talk the average Skype-call is about 4 hours :rolleyes:

I use it. Have talked to Mistyrayn a couple of times now. Great fun!

yup and you will speak to me more now weather is getting warmer and im not out running most nights :lolman:

i think its better than using your phone ..cos you can see who your talking to which is so much more enjoyable than just talking. and rather than try and explain what your furries are up to when having mad or lazy moment you can point web cam at them and share the joy.

you never know maybe i will get Gigi sutsibe on one day andbe able to chat with her and Becky at same time....

:omg: ..maybe not such a good idea thats double trouble..:yikes:

yup and you will speak to me more now weather is getting warmer and im not out running most nights :lolman:

i think its better than using your phone ..cos you can see who your talking to which is so much more enjoyable than just talking. and rather than try and explain what your furries are up to when having mad or lazy moment you can point web cam at them and share the joy.

you never know maybe i will get Gigi sutsibe on one day andbe able to chat with her and Becky at same time....

:omg: ..maybe not such a good idea thats double trouble..:yikes:

IncrRaisingEyebrowsandSmiling.gifWatch out, Richard! :evil:

sutsibe

Austinville

Maybe we can skype the Lutefisk meal from camp.....will we have internet at the camp site?

Becky does have Skype on her laptop, and both of us have cellular modems - not sure how well they'll function while Skyping, or how much bandwidth would be used, which is one thing that's stopped me from getting Skype capability... Last time my brother was in visiting, we took his daughters walking out at Prairie Bridges, and he indicated that Wifi was available there on his Smart phone, so... Haven't taken my laptop out to try it out yet, though!

sutsibe

Austinville

Maybe we can skype the Lutefisk meal from camp.....will we have internet at the camp site?

As Gi said, it will depend upon how much band it eats. I've only used it from my daugher's wireless because I was kind of afraid of that. Another option, if there isn't wireless at the park, is to have a 'picnic' in front of the town library or in my office.......both have wireless. WAIT, maybe NOT my office! Phewww!