New to all this...

Hiya

10 days ago, i rescued a siberian husky that had been chained up in a garage for at least the last 3 months...

Having not had a dog for at least the last ten years (And NEVER a husky!), this is all very new to me, to say the least!!

Archie is 13 months old, just beautiful, very playful and very boisterous! I don't believe he was ever walked before.

At this point, i'm not sure i should keep him - not because i don't want to, but because i dont want to let him down - i want to be a good owner for him, and do him the justice he deserves.

I've spent the last 10 days doing lots of research into these crazy animals, lots of which has been on this site, so i just wanted to say hi, and thanks so much for the advice and insight (Even if you weren't aware you were giving it to me!)

If i do decide that i'm good enough for him (he's certainly better off at this point than he was 10 days ago!!) then i shall be asking for more advice! In the meantime, i shall probably just lurk a lot ;o)

Nikki xxx

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiya

10 days ago, i rescued a siberian husky that had been chained up in a garage for at least the last 3 months...

Having not had a dog for at least the last ten years (And NEVER a husky!), this is all very new to me, to say the least!!

Archie is 13 months old, just beautiful, very playful and very boisterous! I don't believe he was ever walked before.

At this point, i'm not sure i should keep him - not because i don't want to, but because i dont want to let him down - i want to be a good owner for him, and do him the justice he deserves.

I've spent the last 10 days doing lots of research into these crazy animals, lots of which has been on this site, so i just wanted to say hi, and thanks so much for the advice and insight (Even if you weren't aware you were giving it to me!)

If i do decide that i'm good enough for him (he's certainly better off at this point than he was 10 days ago!!) then i shall be asking for more advice! In the meantime, i shall probably just lurk a lot ;o)

Nikki xxx

It's very simple. Either you fall in love with the dog, or you don't. I must commend you for doing what you did though. I'm hoping you find a way to keep the dog.

Welcome. This site is simply the best. Our first Husky, Elke, almost became a rescue, because we did not do our research before taking on the responsibility of having a Husky. We somehow made it through those first hair raising months of ownership. It was terrible, or so it seemed at the time. But now that Elke is gone, we are so glad that we stuck with it. You'll not find another breed that is so endearing as a Husky. Despite the things that can go amiss, there is so much love within them, that it's impossible not to respond to them. Good luck, and there are many here who will be a valuable resourse for you.

Welcome to the site :) Well done for rescuing this boy, and i hope it all works out for you!!! This breed is one of its own, and they really are very special, we're all here to offer you support and advise as you find your feet with him so ask away and we will help in any way we can!

Best of luck :)

Well done to you for rescuing the poor Mite! no Animal deserves that kind f treatment, there is loads of advice already on here if you look but if you get stuck just ask and we will answer you as best we can..

Our Boy sounds just like yours very boisterous LOL, Huskies are hard work and you do need a lot of time to give them as they do not like being on there own but all that hard work is rewarding with the love they give you.....

Hey ya :wave:,

Very big welcome to you!!! Well done for giving your boy a loving family home and second chance!!! This site is great with lots of top tips, advice and freinds to be made for all Husky owners first time or not. Its very sad when you hear about some dogs history and the way they was treated but is also great to hear that they will have a happy future with there new owners.

Really Look forward to getting to know you and would love to see some pics :D

Mary & Grey

xx xx

Hello Wleomce to the Pack :D

Well done for rescuing your sibe :D Life on a chain is definately no life for any animal, you have done the right thing and Im more than certain Archie is more than grateful to you.

Can't remember the exact saying but its goes something like

second hand dogs give first class love
someone help me out lol

Sounds like the famous husky bug is alreadt catching hold of you :D

Feel free to ask any questions, glad you have already found loads of advise on here and hope you will find out more and more as time goes on :D

Hi welcome to the pack!!

I hope you are able to keep him, you've done all the right things so far, research, coming on here lol Hugs to you for taking him on, look forward to seeing him around.

If you need anything just shout :)

Hello Wleomce to the Pack :D

Well done for rescuing your sibe :D Life on a chain is definately no life for any animal, you have done the right thing and Im more than certain Archie is more than grateful to you.

Can't remember the exact saying but its goes something like someone help me out lol

Sounds like the famous husky bug is alreadt catching hold of you :D

Feel free to ask any questions, glad you have already found loads of advise on here and hope you will find out more and more as time goes on :D

Love that Quote siberian wolf

xx xx

omg no way cud sum1 tie that gorgeous boy up!? well done u for rescuing him! any questions u have feel free 2 ask :) there are a load ov great ppl here who can give amazing advice to u about anything and everyrthing we have ppl here from all diff levels ov experience so u will find sum1 who can give u some advice on anything :) hope u enjoy it here and well done agen!

oh Mansfield! Not a ,million miles away from us - we're in Manchester :)

He is stunning, can't believe someone would tie him up!!

We are looking at holding another Husky Owners meeting in August probably more north than the last few, would be great if you could come :)

Welcome to the site. We're a good lot, if I may say so! Everyone is willing to help in whatever way they can.

Not that I'm anyone special, but you've gained my respect with that one sentence. Kudos to you!

Welcome to the site. We're a good lot, if I may say so! Everyone is willing to help in whatever way they can.

Not that I'm anyone special, but you've gained my respect with that one sentence. Kudos to you!

here here - couldn't agree more and Becky - of course you're special!!! - You're a Husky Momma!

Nikki,

Welcome to HO and WELL DONE for rescuing Archie and giving the lad some sort of life:up:

As everyone on here has said,this is a smashing community of like minded people who will go out of their way to help you and Archie.Sarah isn't far from you,and hopefully we will all get the chance to meet you and the loveley lad aat a HO meet soon ;)

feel free to ask anything on here - you have had a great response from all the HO people and we all look forward to helping and supporting you in taking on that handsome chap...

Keep Up the Good Work and Good Luck - keep posting the pictures too :)

Warm Regards from Hampshire,

Kevin & The Girls :bullseye: