New to all this...

Hallo and welcome to the site ,well done taking Archie on he is lovely,you wont let him down as you have already done the best thing ever in his life by giving him a loving foreverhome he will truly become your best friend ,I got my 2nd dog when she was 1 year old ,keep asking questions and posting pics and have fun with your new husky:D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks so much for all of your comments.

Honestly, i'm still not sure of keeping him, it's such a difficult decision :( I'm still not sure i'm enough for him - i certainly don't have the sheer amount of time he needs - the curtains he's pulled down, the carpet he's shredded and the amount of my daughter's underwear he's stolen are testament to that!!

I am still trying to find him a home, but am refusing to put him in a shelter or other such place.

The supposed Husky rescue places have been no help at all, since i don't have KC papers for him - how is it a rescue centre if they're so elitist?? What if the guy was in real trouble and desperately needed a home??? (Sorry for ranting!)

I have to make the decision soon though - at the moment, he's sleeping in the bathroom at nights, as it's the only room he can do no damage in, and that's just not fair to him. I'm at the point where i need to make some investments in him - a cage, proper collar etc.

I know you're all saying i should keep him, and i really really appreciate your faith in me, but i work long hours, travel a lot with work, and honestly, just hadn't planned a dog in our lives. And, like i said, although he's undoubtedly better off now than he was, i still don't feel i'm doing right by him. This is so hard.