Invitation to Our Guests

Mazz

If you are viewing this forum and have not signed up to be a member of this forum, we consider you our guest. We'd much rather have you part of the pack, but we understand that sometimes, you just want to find out a little more about this place before you make a commitment. And that's OK.

Here's some information that may help you decide to make that commitment.

• Husky-Owners is the largest forum on the Internet, dedicated to Huskies and their Owners.

• Husky-Owners is more than just a forum, it is a gathering place where people share their interest in Huskies, help one another when their Husky becomes ill or has a problem, and tell of their experiences that bring both tears and laughter.

• Husky-Owners is International in its scope. Staff on this forum, based in the UK, are from the UK, Netherlands, Canada, and the United States of America. Members who belong to this forum are from around the globe; from Europe to the Americas, from Asia to Australia, from the Middle East to Africa; East to West, North to South, and all points between.

• Husky-Owners and its members gather quite regularly, for day-long "Meets", in various locales, along with their Huskies. These provide an opportunity to meet others that share the passion for the breed, and to give the Huskies an opportunity to make new friends at their own level.

• Husky-Owners and its members hold camps where more activities are planned and everyone really gets an opportunity to share and socialize with each other and their Huskies.

• Husky-Owners' focus is not on the breeding or selling of Huskies, but on sharing your life with your Husky. Many of us, however, have found that one Husky is simply not enough.

• Husky-Owners' members range from those new to having a Husky to those who have several Huskies and have years of experience with the breed. What makes this place so unique, is those with years of experience are always willing to share and help those who are new to the breed.

Husky-Owners can be the bridge to new friendships, new ideas, and new insights on caring for your best friend - your Husky. Give it some thought, and when you are ready, sign up and become a pack member of Husky-Owners. Until then, you are most welcome here as our guest.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

At one point this morning there were 84 guests...There are about 72 at the moment. I am wondering if a proportion are people wanting to find out a bit more about the breed. In which case, don't be shy 'guests'...join and ask some questions!:)

• 1 year later...

:pawprint: Hi there, My name is Maryann, I have found a best  friend in a dog called Marley, I have had Marley for about 7 months now, when I first saw marley, she was an absolute disgrace! Marley was malnourished, dirty and had a rotton ear infection.  At 1 year old, Marley was not even toilet trained.  I was offered to look after this dog till her owners got back on there feet, needless to say I was NOT giving this poor dog back to a life being cooped up in a stinking kitchen all day!  I don't have any experience with Siberian huskys, so I am learning as much as I can.  Today Marley is a fantastic perfect Siberian husky, marley has gained weight, her coat is now thick and shiny, no more ear infection and hardest of all, toilet trained!!, I could not believe someone would pay a shed load of cash for a dog, then leave it to rot in the way poor Marley was.  Marleys personality matches her beautiful looks,i can't imagine my life without her!! :pawprint:  :pawprint:  :pawprint:

:pawprint: Hi there, My name is Maryann, I have found a best  friend in a dog called Marley, I have had Marley for about 7 months now, when I first saw marley, she was an absolute disgrace! Marley was malnourished, dirty and had a rotton ear infection.  At 1 year old, Marley was not even toilet trained.  I was offered to look after this dog till her owners got back on there feet, needless to say I was NOT giving this poor dog back to a life being cooped up in a stinking kitchen all day!  I don't have any experience with Siberian huskys, so I am learning as much as I can.  Today Marley is a fantastic perfect Siberian husky, marley has gained weight, her coat is now thick and shiny, no more ear infection and hardest of all, toilet trained!!, I could not believe someone would pay a shed load of cash for a dog, then leave it to rot in the way poor Marley was.  Marleys personality matches her beautiful looks,i can't imagine my life without her!! :pawprint:  :pawprint:  :pawprint:

welcome to our big husky family, Maryann and Marley :D :D thumbs up for rescuing! Looks like you brought up an old thread :P good thing, because as a fairly new member I don't even know it exists :lol: seriously though you can make a post in the Introductions section :) easier for people to say "hello" that way. And it means a lot, because we are always eager to welcome our new family member :D just you wait LOL the others would show up soon ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi my name is Nancy and my Husky Brothers are Tyson and Cooper both 8 months old. We (my husband, daughter and I) did not plan on owning littermates for we already have a 9 yr old Chow mix Cheyanne. We recently purchased a new home with a large fenced in back yard and decided on a new member for my daughters 14th birthday. What happened was upon adopting Tyson at 3 months old the owner/breeder asked us to take his brother for an additional cost. At the time we just couldn't afford nor come to terms with a third pet. We left with Tyson, tears in our eyes, on leaving his little brother behind living outside in a small kennel with no grass. Mom & Dad seemed very friendly but lived in seperate kennels next to eachother in little eskmo dog houses with no room to run. We held our new little family member close to our heart the whole 2hr drive home. We had to wash him several times before all the dirt ran clean picking tons of fleas off him. He never had shots and was also infested with worms the poor little guy. I still remember the first time he stepped foot in our back yard he immediatly began to play and run, he must have thought, wow this big huge yard is mine (We have the video)! Well about Cooper, my heart was broken leaving him behind, I told the owner if she couldn't find him a home soon to please get a hold of us and that in the mean time we will try to help find one. Within 30 days the owner came down to a price we could afford. So we took Tyson to go rescue his brother and within seconds of our arrival they were playing like no time had lapsed. However, to see Tyson so healthy and clean next to his dirty little brother was so heart breaking I had to leave asap.  I couldn't hold back my tears when thinking of their mom & dad having to spend days and nights living outside on rocks in a small caged area with no room to run and the only grass just beyond their digging reach. We never second guessed our decision. As soon as we had both together, chasing one another around the backyard we knew we were blessed. They are so rewarding and so much fun to watch and play with. I can't even begin to list all the amazing cute things they did and do. It has been a challenge training and house breaking them together as they do live up to their Siberian Husky name, so here I am hoping to find sugestions and insight from other Husky loving owner such as you.

• 10 years later...

It is very difficult for every husky owner to maintain the diet for his husky. That’s why huskies are known as high maintenance. Some husky owners think that milk is beneficial for their furry friends. Many husky owners often think, “ can a husky dronk milk?”

No, Milk is not beneficial for huskies. Milk has many proteins and nutrients but this is not suitable for dogs due to lack of an enzyme called digesting. Some huskies can digest milk in very small amounts.

Today, In this article, we will talk about whether milk is good or bad for huskies, husky puppies drink milk, and the alternatives of milk. I hope this will help you with your furry friend.