this argument is EEEENDLEEEESS!!!

mydiamond

Okay, so I've been trying to make my mom agree with the neutering idea for countless weeks now and tell you what: THIS IS GETTING EVEN MORE FRUSTRATING :mad:

She treated me like a brainless idiot and would prefer listening to gossips and random people's opinion than my months of thorough research in the net >=( Guess what did she said!!

1. "my friend said neutering will make the dog prone to cancer" (oh yeah? well my friend also said that dogs that eat dry dogfood are prone to cancer! What about that?)

2. "Oh, YOU'LL SEE! You'll see!! Diamond WILL die if he was neutered!!" (*rolls my eyes, take a deep breath, walk away*)

3. "That man actually drive out of town to look for a female. While YOU are trying to neuter your boy!!" (well that man's husky is a local champion that fulfills breed standards. His husky is worth breeding and he has reasons why. What about Diamond, you idiot??)

4. "Look at how selfish you are!" (yeah what about you? You insisted to bring more puppies into the world you don't even know what to do with them!)

5. "The vet said Dime has no genetic illness!" (yeah how does he know that? Diamond had no tests done so far! Oh wait let me guess.. You LOVE gossips right?)

6. "We should breed Dime with a Golden! Oh wait what about Samoyed? And.. Do you know anyone that owns a Malamute??" (great so now we're trying to create a new breed and add more unwanted lives in the world? OH WOW AWESOME!)

And this argument is OBVIOUSLY ENDLESS because:

1. the decision is---unfortunately--in my mom's hand. My dad will only pay for Diamond's things if my mom makes him does so. With her being a Queen of Gossips and won't listen to REAL facts that I read in REAL articles, this argument will have no end

2. No matter how many weeks I spend to research about neutering and spaying, I am just a chatty teenager that has just started highschool life. The more things I say, the more people will think of me as an "obnoxious problematic teenager" >=(

3. She's my mom and she thinks it means she is the goddess of wisdom. Everything she said is the right thing and everything I said is totally wrong. She just keep acting as if I'm a lil' kid begging for cotton candy and she's trying to tell me why I can't get what I want >=(

4. She said all male dogs should be bred from. If not they will become neurotic and have psychological issues =.=

You see?? I am stucked! I can't do or say anything anymore! In fact today when I lose my temper and said: "I don't care is he sick or not, DO NOT bred him irresponsibly!!" she actually give me a pity look and said: "aaaww of course"

!#%$#@^@#^@#%&@#^%!@$%!!!! What?! I am NOT being a kid trying to get a candy here! This is about LIFE! I am not begging you, I am TELLING you that Dime should never be bred from! What about his puppies??? I asked you "do you think you can find good homes for ALL his puppies?" she only rolls her eyes and give me a filthy look. Well if that's a "no" then WHY IN THE WORLD should Dime be bred from???? OMG guys, I don't know what else to do. I am afraid Diamond will never be neutered due to this idiotic endless argument. I am used to this and usually I give in, but since it's Diamond that we're talking about I stood up and fight for him. But once again, I'm afraid I will have to stop fighting. I'm afraid I will have to stop struggling =( Because no matter how you take a look at it this is obviously endless and pointless :( I'm sorry.. Wish I can be a better owner for him =(

Your very last comment ?

I'm sorry.. Wish I can be a better owner for him =(

Are you the owner or is your Mum the owner, if you are the owner then you need to raise some money any way you can to get what you want for Diamond, if Diamond is your Mum's then you can advise but at the end of the day, right or wrong it's her decision. But good on you for trying,

Andy & Boone

I know how you feel, Ive been telling my mum to get her boy castrated for years and she turned round and said I was "obssessed" with wanting to cut his balls off. I've stopped talking to her about it since, and low and behold, he now has a large abcess on his rear which has been caused by his testosterone being too high and it's getting bigger and bigger. The vet said he needs the snip, but mum hasn't gotten it done.

Stacey xxx

Thanks for all the replies guys =)

Your very last comment ?

I'm sorry.. Wish I can be a better owner for him =(

Are you the owner or is your Mum the owner, if you are the owner then you need to raise some money any way you can to get what you want for Diamond, if Diamond is your Mum's then you can advise but at the end of the day, right or wrong it's her decision. But good on you for trying,

Andy & Boone

I am pretty sure people below 21 years old are not allowed to apply for any job in my country =( And plus, even if I have the money, they still won't let me x( This is not about the cost but more like about my mom's obsession to create puppies =( I know Dime is not hers, but the saying "what yours is mine and what mine is yours" is what most Indonesians family use =( I hate that saying... I'm totally against it

Would it be possible to get your mum to sign up to the forum? I'm sure the advise of hundreds of other owners, breeders, etc would be more persuasive :)

Good idea, but I have two problems here. 1) my mom doesn't even know how to open her email account and 2) she doesn't speak english

I know how you feel, Ive been telling my mum to get her boy castrated for years and she turned round and said I was "obssessed" with wanting to cut his balls off. I've stopped talking to her about it since, and low and behold, he now has a large abcess on his rear which has been caused by his testosterone being too high and it's getting bigger and bigger. The vet said he needs the snip, but mum hasn't gotten it done.

Stacey xxx

Yikes that is scary O_O hope your mom's boy get well soon!

If the arguement is endless, i think you should just let it rest for a while, if they don't have any immediate plans to breed him, its not hurting anyone for him to stay the way he is right now.

I can see you feel so strongly about it, maybe down the track you can save some money and get him done yourself.

yeah I am letting it rest for a while. But ofc I keep giving her warnings not to breed Dime bcoz we have a lot of female dogs in the neighborhood and thanks to my mom's weird dream to create mutts I believe she won't even care if the bitch is a husky or not >=\

I would give it some space and time...if you keep bringing it up knowing your mum has already tuned you out your not going to be making any progress yourself...

What about gentleman X? The guy with the champion Sibe who knows what he's doing and actually has a proven sibe? Is it possible to get in touch with him, and see if maybe he could talk with your mum about reasons for breeding, the results of irresponsible breeding to the breed itself? Discuss the cost of vet care, the reasons for testing and the benefits of neutering? Call Dimes vet ahead of time and schedule an appointment yourself to speak with him, or write a letter expressing your concerns re: cancer, hip/eye checks, etc needing done and ask them to spell out the risk and costs clearly for your mum. As your mum seems prone to only believe adults...enlisting the aid of another adult may be the only way you're ever going to push forward on it...

As for Dime being neurotic if he's not allowed to breed..::ponders:: I wonder how many high school boys have ever tried that excuse...

thanks for all the replies guys =) I am currently putting this argument on rest =\ gathering more adults to talk to her right now x) Vet is not helping =.= He told mom Dime is healthy and free of genetic illnesses =\ Not that I don't like my boy being healthy, but after she heard that mom happily told me that Dime is free-of-genetic-problems and he should be bred from =.=

@mydiamond

i dont know what i can add to anything you or anyone else has said.. and there is nothing i can say that would make your Mum see things differently..

all i can say is WOW.... you are an inspiration.. for some one so young to be so sensible and do research on this kind of subject is a credit to you..

and to try and educate whats seems like an adult that won't listen is just showing grown up you are being and how much you care about Dime..

but i do think you are fighting a losing battle as it seems like what your mum decides is what will be.. regardless of what you say or anyone says or what fact's /info show her.. don't push to much on the subject as she may just do it to prove its her that decides not you..

i know this isn't much help .. but you keep up the good work..

• 2 weeks later...

If he is a reputable breeder, I'm sure he won't mind you asking him for help. Is there a siberian club of Indonesia? If there is, maybe you can find some other reputable breeders and have them talk to your mom, if only by phone?

Found this on FB:

http://www.facebook.com/friends/edit/#!/group.php?gid=187412400365

http://www.facebook.com/friends/edit/#!/pages/Siberian-Husky-Club-Indonesia/100104669455

http://www.facebook.com/friends/edit/#!/group.php?gid=326633763920