Pokemon Thread

Elyse

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...WHAT THE HELL?!

For some of the people who don't know enough about Pokemon to realize how this was done:

1) Smeargle's Baton Pass attack switchs Pokemon while keeping the stat changes. For instance, any attack or speed raises Smeargle got Magikarp now inherited.

2) In the beginning, I let him hit me so that my Focus Sash could kick in, leaving me at 1 HP. Flail is an attack that does more damage depending on the HP of the attacker. When Magikarp has 1 HP, Flail has a base power of 200, almost as much as Explosion!

3) Belly Drum quadruples the attack of a Pokemon at the cost of half your life. Combined with Substitute, Smeargle is left with 25% of his life and therefore activiates his Salac Berry, which provides a 50% boost to speed.

4) When Smeargle Baton Passes into Magikarp, all of his stat changes are inherited by Magikarp. That brings our friend Magikarp to 388 speed and 520 attack! If that were not enough, Magikarp's ability, Swift Swim, makes his speed double in the rain to an even better 777!

5) The end result is an incredibly fast and strong Pokemon who can spam attacks nearly as powerful as Explosion against my opponent. Hence, the Magikarp sweep. Plus, there is nothing more embarrassing to losing to the long-time considered weakest Pokemon in the game, right?

Some other notes:

Yes, I am aware about the many ways to stop this sweep. To name them, any Pokemon with Focus Sash, a switch-in harm move like Spikes or Stealth Rock, a Ghost/Steel/Rock type, a priority move, or a Pokemon with Sand Stream/Snow Warning. The rest of my team was devoted to stopping these conditions. I had two Pokemon with Stealth Rocks (to stop Sashes), two Pokemon with Rain Dance (to stop Sandstorm or Hail and to give Magikarp Swift Swim), and two Pokemon with Rapid Spin to stop Spikes or Stealth Rocks. Still, it took me about 50 attempts of me asking for an Uber match until I got someone who it worked against. This one just ended up perfectly, he had nothing to counter Magikarp.

indeed! ^_^, I just need to evolve my haunter and kadabra into gengar and alakhazam via trade and evolve eevee into jolteon and vulpix into ninetales via stones and my team will be complete! :D so im desperate to do that as I'm now on the 8th gym leader :)

what stone do you need for vulpix? - will deffo try n sort it out cuz i still need to trade steph pixie for bings lol

indeed! ^_^, I just need to evolve my haunter and kadabra into gengar and alakhazam via trade and evolve eevee into jolteon and vulpix into ninetales via stones and my team will be complete! :D so im desperate to do that as I'm now on the 8th gym leader :)

I can do trades with you. What's your friend code? I'll add you up and we'll figure out a time.

is it the I.D number on your trainer card? if so its 45107 though i have no idea how to add people and what not lol -_-'

LOL - no.

To obtain the Pal Pad, you need to go downstairs in the Pokemon Center, which the stairs are located to the right when you enter the building. To obtain your friend code, you must connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi for the first time on that game.