13 year old Siberian Husky, shedding and shedding and shedding, help!

Hi, I am Zanna and my old girl is Bosco. She has been blowing her coat for the last 2 to 3 months. She is the same in all other ways. Do older siberians shed more? My floors look like I have carpeting,( I have wood floors). Thanks in advance for any insight.

Hi and :welcome:!

I've had a number of old guys, and while I think they may get more coat in as they get older, I can't say that they shed out a greater percentage of their coat - there just might be more coat to be shed, if that makes sense...

Hi and welcome to the pack. One of Bo's Husky friends Alfie has been blowing his coat since February. I belive he's about 4. Bo blew his coat and it took 2 weeks, but I was constantly brushing him. Alfie has a longer coat I wonder if this makes a difference as well as age?

Ours is still fairly young...and this is his irst major coat blow so I'm not much help at all...I swear at this point I could brush from sun up until sundown and not get it all...

That said, welcome to the forum...look forward to hearing more from you

Diesel is about 9 years old (he is a rescue) he seemed to be shedding for months and looked as if there was no end to it,

Took him to the local groomer who is also a member on here and she washed him and blew him dry, got all the fur out of him and he looks a million times better.

We tried combing him but just got no where.

It's the weather. Ours have been shedding on and off since April. I can't remember a worse year for husky "tumbleweed" (the stuff that rolls out from under the sofa the minute you finish hoovering).

Thanks for all the posts. She is also going gray (just like me) so I wonder if that has something to do with it. No more more shiny black coat, but she still acts like a young girl(just like me) I was worried maybe she was wanting in vits or minerals. So glad I lost my desire for a spotless house, we have alot of hair but we are happy!