Bingo's Story

its kindda long sorry - but its kinda my fave story ;) 1 morning waking up my mum told me to get dressed cuz we were going out - i obviously at around 13ish didnt wanna go out - we are going for you so get dressed n hurry up - :confused: erm ok what we going for?? not gonna tell me obviously are they lol - i had a small hope in my head that we were about to go and get a dog - but after asking for YEARS i doubted it and didnt get my hopes up - so anyway we sat in the car for a good while - bored out of my BRAIN!!! lol when we turn into this country type road - then i see it!!! :D the NCDL *national canine defence league* sign! OMG OMG OMG WE ARE GETTING A DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :yahoo: , so we go fill out our forms blah blah blah n start having a look around the center - 3 dogs there i wanted - OJ the female collie cross - but she had a tendancy to nip small children - n i had a 3 yr old brother and a 5 yr old brother - so she was out, Roly! the HUGE akita x - but he needed to go live sumwhere with LOTS of space like a farm - on his back legs he was twice the size of me, then there was Jed a GORGEOUS golden dog with eyes the same colour as his fur! thats our dog!!! we get to take him for a walk - he was strong and big for a puppy n would possibly get bigger but thats ok we could handle him - but then the pit fall - we had a cat - they had to test jed to see how he was with cats................ no good :( he wanted to chase them - jed wasnt going to be our boy :( so off he goes back to his kennel - i didnt want to leave i wanted a dog! but we had 2 we had seen them all but hadnt found 1 that suited us we would come back next week .....................

the next week we went back - filled in the forms again as they lost our previous 1s *rolls eyes* me n mum didnt want to put on there we had a cat so we could try and get Jed again.... we would just hide smudgie in a room when they came out to home/garden check us but nope dad put down we had a cat so my dreams of owning Jed were once again dashed :( nether the less we had another look around - saw this awesome liver spotted dal! i want him!!! nope mum doesnt like the look of him :( then we move along n theres this GSD sitting on a chair! omg he is awesome curtis come look at this dog! my lil bro comes over - n this dog starts going mad jumps off the chair n starts barking at us - ok he doesnt like little kids moving on - dad says 'come here what about this dog!?' walked upto the cage to see this brindle staffy x with a dark black muzzle - 'no i dont like him hes the dog that tried to bite my fingers last week!' (silly me went to a strange dog in a cage n went to stroke it!) 'no its not' my dad says 'this 1 wasnt here last week' he would have been in the kennels where they make sure they are healthy before putting them up for rehome! - 'oh ok then' so dad tells the man we want ........................................ Bingo :) mum wanted a dog that looked like bingo but was fluffier called woody - but i didnt see him - my oldest brother wanted a really old fat JRT X called Barney - eww no i dont want him i said :confused: anyway the 1st test came - we need to check he is ok with cats - took him to their cat n Bingo ran away from the cat!!! lmao - then they bring him over to us i bent down to see him and...................... *n this is my fave bit* .............................. he DOVE into my arms covering me in kisses!!!! 'atleast we know hes good with kids!' the NCDL worker laughed - n that was it Bingo was MY boy!! we had to wait another week before he could come home with us but the day we finally went and picked him up to bring him home was THE happiest day of my life!! :)

*a little background info on Bings* when we rehomed him he was around 3years of age - he is now around 12ish - weve owned him for nearly 8 and a half years ... before he came to us he was found as a stray on the streets of manchester (which will explain the fact he loves eating day old food and loves scratting thru the bins), we assume he was found near a bingo hall - hence the name - after getting him home we realised prior to this he must have been abused/beaten as he isnt overly keen on men, HATES shouting and swearing - it makes him run and hide n shake n turns him into a nervous wreck - and even now if u raise ur arm/hand for whatever reason he flinches :( he hates loud bangs - chewing gum popping fireworks balloons water the dark pretty much EVERYTHING but he does love meeting new dogs - running around as fast as he can! with his tail tucked under him - guess thats the whippet in him as even now with a poorley leg he can still outrun the sibes :D but his most favorite thing probably has to be cuddling up with me at night - n probably knowing he is always gonna be safe... no matter what :)

156844_486420846680_714381680_6339124_21893_n.jpg

omg that is beautiful Nix , he is so precious and so lucky to have had you come so he could show you all his love and let you be his bestest friend. hahaha on how he got his name, would never have thought to ask lol, he is a big baby and love his story, thank you for sharing x ............:cry1:

I haven't seen it, I've heard its really sad and i will cry my eyes out! I love Eight Below as well but I only watch it when im home alone hahaha too much crying

its only sad RIGHT at the end

have u seen hachi? watch that on ur own if u havent u will bawl like a baby lol - i did