Keeping clean??

Sarah

Ok, I know that sibes are very good at keeping themselves clean and not smelling, BUT.......................

How do you manage to keep them white??

At the moment Kimba looks a bit of a dirty grey colour - other pics i see of peoples sibes always look lovely and white and would be interested to know how you do it! lol

I use new Daz. lol couldnt resist

Regualr brushing can help loads to getting dry bits of dirt out of the coat which can dull the whiteness.

We find that our boys are not needing to be bathed very often. We only usually bath them if they come home after a long walk in the forest covered in mus and dirty smelly water! We dont use any fancy shampoo just a normal cheapy dog/puppy shampoo from tescos.

I rarely bath Micha but when I do (or when I bath Cherry or Daisy who both have a lot of white on their coats) I use a white and bright shampoo, we have a brand here called Fidos and they make a great purple shampoo specifically for white dogs.

If you can find a whitening shampoo they are great, the good ones are normally blue or purple.

I rarely bath Micha but when I do (or when I bath Cherry or Daisy who both have a lot of white on their coats) I use a white and bright shampoo, we have a brand here called Fidos and they make a great purple shampoo specifically for white dogs.

If you can find a whitening shampoo they are great, the good ones are normally blue or purple.

we just use puppy shampoo at the moment chepy from tescos but will have to look out for some of this stuff

Ours never seem to stay that dirty. They come back from the forest filthy after a good run like Anya and Gus here:

Anyadirty.jpgGusdirty.jpg

Then, once they've dried off, the dust just shakes off (all over the leather sofas - which is why we have them - wipe clean is great!).

When we bath them prior to a dog show, we use Plush Puppy shampoos - they do different varieties for reds, blacks, whites etc - and are excellent.

Mick

I seem to be the odd ball here!... Nina and Shiloh get groomed every week... every other week during winter...

The groomer decides if a full bath or a dry bath is in order, depending how filthy they have gotten themselves (which is a normal thing since we go for runs every day...). The trail we us is paved, therefore it minimizes the mud factor... when we go hiking however, all bets are off ... they will get all muddy and filthy (they love it!)... we schedule those trail expeditions with a visit to the groomer right after... two things happen, they are exhausted (making it a breeze for the groomer!) and as soon as they get home, they collaase all clean and happy!... just to wake up for dinner and back to the slumber state until next day!... only few time have we stayed home and done nothing for the day... those days, they play with their toys, run around the yard and drive the resident squirrel mad!... we usually stay in bed late those days... they can sleep until 11am (lazy butts!)... and Nina even plays possum somethings pretending to still be asleep (kind of like my kids used to on school days!... hahaha!...

But!... as a rule, they are groomed weekly, I provide the groomer with the shampoo and conditioner... grooming tools (never can be too careful!)... the groomer has a "locker" for Nina and Shiloh's stuff!....

Yeah!... go ahead... call me crazy now! 4_18_5.gif3274_73150229754_519804754_1669032_1807481_n.jpg

I must also say that ALL my furniture is white... yup!... WHITE!... we've had it since my kids were small... and the youngest are 22 already!...(only the furniture in the TV room is chocolate suede... and we got it like that after Shiloh got home...they still prefer the white couches to nap on!...)

n519804754_431637_1752.jpg

so!... keeping Nina (the sleeping beauty in the photo!) and Shiloh groomed and hair free (as much as possible) is essential for my sanity... oh!.. did I mention I'm a clean freak who thought having and dog was a bad idea for clean freaks????????... well!... as it turns out, it is not!... just takes some adapting (and yes... sacrifices!... haven't gone to the movie theater or any activity like that since they came home... rather spend the money keeping them all clean and happy!...)

So... that's all I know on how to keep them clean...

Sandy you're not crazy! Nina and Shiloh always look great!!! By the looks on their faces they love it!!!! Jamie mentioned about us taking our boys to the groomer but I told him, give me a bath, selection of the right brushes/combs/rakes, small set of scissors and plenty of bin bags (for obvious reasons), doggy shampoo and I can do it myself. I did a basic dog grooming course during college day so whats the point of us paying out money to a groomer and have them do it when I can do it myself.

Normally we will brush ours once or twice a week but if they are blowing their coat its everyday brushing.

lmao i put my previous post on while at work and couldn't see the pics Sandy - you're so brave having a white suite lol my boys manage to cover my black leather suite every day - thank goodness for wipes!! lol

Sandy, what on earth are your pups chewing, have they found the key to your secret cupboard??

Lol

Well.. no secret cupboard here... these were a gift for them.. they are stuffed zebra tails... but!... once before I was asked if they were what you think they are and my answer was...

"do not mess with my dogs training equipment!... they are been trained to deal with sexual harrassers and perverts!!!!!..." 36_11_6.gif

Have you heard of the "LOVE GLOVE"?? Its a funny name and doesnt do alot to help with shedding, but it does help with getting dirt and stuff out of the fur. I got it when I was buying puppy stuff before chew came home to us, and it has been really great...plus its cheap enough to be replaced every few months if you lose it or just need a new one. I finally bought the furminator but I also use the soft bristle brush alot to help get dirtout of his coat...especially on the feet, legs, and tail.