Doggy diary

Sarah

Sorry I'm late, had to get the humans out of bed after waiting until 5am! Sheesh. How do they ever get anything done? After getting them up I lounged in the living room while I watched them aimlessly mill about sucking down that nasty black liquid. After breakfast I headed to the park for a long walk but this heat wave has been so bad we ended up at home with me getting a good soaking with the hose and a couple hours in my kiddie pool. When's dinner?

By the way, what's with everybody's funny accents?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What yer talking about mate, we ain't got funny accents it's you lot. Sorry to hear that you've got probs with your humans too. Trouble is we've spent too much time training them to do as we want to part exchange them for a different model. Anyways I helped my Mum do some gardening today. What with her moaning about my two new garden features in lawn, (doesn't she know I'm planning to build a pool!), I decided to do redesign some of her pots for her. Not a good idea as she wasn't too happy.

Mum had to go out AGAIN today to Southampton, so my younger human's girlfriend Karen came around and spent lots of time with me. I love my Karen as she spoils me. Anyways then my other young human came home early from work and took me for a nice long walk and then gave me chicken, nom nom. Mum is a lot happier now as she says her Mum is now out of hospital so she doesn't have to keep driving off without me. Don't know why she couldn't of taken me. Tomorrow she promised me I can go and meet up with my mates for a paddle in the lake so I'd better write off now as I need to have a snooze.

You're building a pool, too? I started a few times but my parents keep telling me, "No!" so I try another area. I just wish they'd tell me where they want it, this guessing game has been going on for months! I love mom's new bird feeder... I found out that if I graze around the feeder ever few days I get plenty of fiber in my diet. My dad made the comment the other day that the wanka bar - that's what they call it when they let me out to potty and I fire up the chocolate factory - they think it's funny. Anyway, he said I left a wanka bar in the yard that looked like a granola bar. I have to admit, it was a pretty good copy! Hmmm, I've been pretty gassy lately, too. One even surprised me and made my dad laugh! I acted embarrassed... they thought that was funny, too. I think they're weird. And what's wrong with eating dead frogs?

I think somebody's coming! I gotta get off the computer. Aaarrrrg! I wish I had thumbs!

Wish I had thumbs too so I could open the freezer door. Mum went shopping today and bought loads of goodies for me and put them in the freezer. I've ahwood her all evening to get off the computer and give me some more. Thought she would be in a good mood today as she didn't have to go out, but oh no, she's got the grumps - ugh pet humans! Seems that one of the younger humans has got what she keeps muttering "Man flu" I have been an excellent nurse today and have spent most of the day laying on my young human's bed keeping an eye on him, except for when I took her for her walk. Mum can be a spoil sport as she gave him a bag to put his used tissues in so I couldn't tear them to pieces while I was inspecting them.

It worked! I figured out that if you talk to your humans from your crate first thing in the morning they put you out to go potty and then back in while they sleep some more, BUT.... if you move around and scratch your claws on the plastic as if it's all by accident and just a part of moving around to the point of driving them nuts - they let you outside and sit on their computer on some goofy dog forum while you roam the yard. I'm not sure why they have to do that, they have ME! Beautiful ME! Bouncy, fun, cute...... SQUIRREL!!!!

Where was I?.... Oh ya, cute, fuzzie....... what's not to like, eh?

My parents are off work next week so I think I'll be in for lots of walks! We are lucky cuz we have lots of camp grounds here and they take me there for my walks. I see lots of humans and other dogs. Some are very talkative. Sometimes we are there before anybody is awake. I don't understand that, what's wrong with these people? I'm awake so everybody else should be up, too, right? Really, it's only 6am, come on people!

I can't wait for the husky meet in Iowa! I'm so excited!! I mean, I think I so excited. I hear there are other dogs that are just as cute as I am! That would just be too much fun! Ok, that got my tail a waggin'. I guess we're taking an RV to see all my new friends. My parents used to have a caravan when they lived in England, I suppose you guys know what one of those are, right? DEER!!!!!

I love my back yard, er...... garden?

Glad to hear that you're getting your humans well trained. Mum took me to the vets on Friday as she's signed me up for a flea, worm and checkup plan. Vet was ok and gave me a treat but he gave Mum some worm tablets things which he said would be gentle on my tum. Mum gave them to me yesterday. Forget gentle on your tum my back end was jet propelled :plane: So to get my own back I padded around the house all last night. Got wooden floors and I bet plastic crate sounds and wood flooring are similar. :evil:I'm not crated and get free roam of the house, but Mum is threatening me with it as even I lost count of the times I woke her up.

Anyways, back to the Vet. Do you know some people take bunnies to the vets? Dooh, I thought it was a snack for me. Turns out it was a house bunny. Why keep a bunny in the house when you call have a furbaby like us?

You got squirrels in your garden! :wow2::wow2: wish I did. Went for a walk with my mates this morning and saw a humugous rabbit. Wasn't allowed to chase it though. Then I went for a paddle in the lake. Tried to pull Mum in but she's getting used to me. We had a bit of a battle and she won. One time I managed to pull her in and she bumped into someone at the lakeside and they got their feet wet as well! :woohoo:

I agree mornings are the best time to go for a walk when the smells are all nice and fresh. I try and get my humans out by 6.00 am as well. Remember just coz they are holiday doesn't mean that they should slip into bad habits. I get Mum up at 5.30 at the latest every morning even in the holidays. She groans a lot and goes on that tappitty tappitty thing as well with a cup of something - she doesn't share.

Hope you have a fabulous holiday and make loads of new friends at the Iowa Meet in an RV :camping:. Let me know of any tips that I can use on my humans as well to keep them on their toes. Don't forget we want to see loads and loads of :click:

Ohh chow time gotta go. Chicken wings tonight yum.

If somebody doesn't turn this sun off I'm gonna melt! Too hot and humid to even go outside! :huskyfall: What's wrong with this weather? I could see my kiddie pool from the door and was yelling as loud as I could to go out but as fast as my humans got to the door (which wasn't fast enough!) I was ready to come back in. How can they expect me to get my swim time in when it's too hot to even go to the pool? I need my fluff and puff relax time if they expect me to keep my stunning good looks! How do you all do it?

I was outside early this morning and saw a rabbit, too, but they are so fast I just watch them. I'd like to lick them. Just a lick..... really.

Do you like flies? I like to stalk them and pounce on them. Well, actually I haven't been able to get close enough to pounce on one but I'm getting the stalking part down pretty well. Someday I'll use it on a rabbit. Just to lick them, of course.:angel:

I think I'm in trouble, I mean I KNOW I'm in trouble so I'm actually writing this from under the bed - the only place Mummy can't get me. Usually when Mummy goes to school, she'll crate me up.But today, I overheard Mummy telling her housemate (my substitute mummy) to let me out since she's gonna be at home anyway.

I was overjoyed but pretended I couldn't care less if she crate me up til she's home. So after waiting patiently for 3 hours, Mummy No. 2 came home and set me free! Well, I have to play nice since Mummy No.2 is walking around the house so I just played with my toys for a bit.

The real adventure starts when she went to take a nap... In our house, we have two bins - bins I'm not allowed to play with when the Mummys are around. One is where they put all the recycling stuff in (nothing interesting but I still rummages through incase I missed something) and the other is where all the yummy stuffs are in (of course I have to dig for them, don't I? Especially when no one's paying any attention to me). The Mummys won't know I've been in kitchen (I'm not allowed in there, how mean!) fooling around with those bins will they?

It was supposed to be a soundproof plan but....I got carried away and ended up making a mess in both the kitchen and dining area. Imagine my horror when I heard the sound of the garage door opening - god, I never want to experience that again... Being the smart husky that I am, I went to search refuge under the bed. Mummy came home to my "adventure" and OBVIOUSLY went looking for me. I tried my best to look innocent and was quite surprised that she wasn't yelling the house down already (like she usually do) But I'm a smart husky remember? Better to play safe (have a feeling she's faking it so I will come out under the bed) Thought I'll just post this up since I forgot to bring my toys under the bed to keep me entertained. Wish me luck, Lola xx

UPDATE: I thought 10 mins was enough to calm Mummy down so I came out looking for dinner. Humans always say to keep a healthy lifestyle you'll have to eat your meals on time, don't they? Got away with the yelling, but still have to suffer through the nagging, maybe next time I'll wait for 15 mins?

SECOND UPDATE: Think I ate something I shouldn't while I'm rummaging through the bins.... My poo poo got stuck and it's so uncomfy.... Went to Mummy, whimper a little so she could help me pull it out - ewwww, it's a clear wrap, I must have missed that Heard her saying she's gonna crate me til she's home next time - help me out anyone? :(

Clear wrap will do that to ya? Note to self, no.......clear.....wrap. Got it! I've never had that problem but I do get the occasional raw hide that I ate in a bit of a rush. Since my humans changed my diet everything slides right out. I don't understand them... they say it's better for me but then complain every time they scoop the yard because it's like pudding and gets into the grass instead of nice and firm. What do they want from me, anyway? Sheesh.

My humans also say I'm a yapper. They keep comparing me to the other husky that used to live here. They say I bark too much. "Huskies are talkers, not barkers." They say, "Can't you just talk to us instead of bark? You're not supposed to bark!" Yada, yada, yada. Every day it's like this, I mean, I'm a dog for crying out loud... that's what we do! The other husky didn't bark at all, so what? Darn humans, I think I'd get along just fine without them. Case in point... I'm sitting in the back yard being very good... I mean VERY good cuz I'm always "good" and they have me on a short lead because they are doing yard work and don't want me in the mud (I played in it a couple times, though) and what walks across the back yard?... A DEER! He was so close. I mean, right "there"! My humans chuckled at me cuz they could see I wanted to go really, really bad. All I wanted to do was say hi... and maybe lick him. Just a couple licks. Really, it's true! Here's a blurry pic.... (the blurry black blob on the right is me - oh, and some of my squeaky toys, too!)

deer.jpg?t=1312553548

Can you see the deer? So after the deer went back into the woods my human took me down there and I got to sniff around. I was so excited that I almost couldn't control myself. I'll be back, I need to sniff some more!

Oh :wow2:, a deer. I got to see a squirrel today, but a deer and you were on a short lead. Boy that must have really sucked but your humans did let you go have a good sniff.

I've been a poorly dog recently with a very upset tum. Still not good but I think it's getting better 'coz it doesn't burn now when I go for a poop. Had to go to the vet and have an injection and that was after he stuck his finger (I don't want to say the word) but my eyes nearly popped out in shock and surprise. My Mum is real mad about the bill as she says it was the vet's fault as he gave me a worm tablet that caused my upset tum and she'd told him I had a dodgy tum. She'd been so pleased coz I'd put on a kilo. I've now lost all the weight I recently put on so she was even madder with the vet. Anyway been eating cooked chicken for nearly a week, also had Greek yoghurt and probiotic drinks. Coz my tum is still dodgy I'm now down to just eating warm chicken but Mum's gonna give me boiled egg later tonight to see if that will help my tum. If I'm not better by Monday I'm going to see a very special vet to have my tum checked out.

Mum has been talking about getting me a playmate when I get better :D, but this won't happen until I'm all better coz I'm not well enough at the moment and when I am well it might take a while to find someone who would want to come and live in my mad house. :clap:

Mummy and Daddy took me and Sam to a BEACH!! I went rockpooling, but I don't like the sea. I piddled in a big rock pool and I wanted to play with the Jellyfish, but mum wouldn't let me *sad face*. A lady came up and fussed me and told me I am beuatiful (Like I didn't already know that!), so I licked her hand. Mummy says something bad is going on in town at the moment so she won't go outside and I have to have the big light on when I go out just in case. Me and Sam are on Guard!

Woooooooo!! Got to go get Mummy to let me out!

I've never been to the beach bet it's fun digging in the sand. My tum is all better now but I'm still getting loads of chicken with my kibble to help try and help me to put some weight back on. My other humans say I get better fed than them. Went for a nice walk today but didn't see any bunnies but did get to play with another husky. Can't wait to get a husky friend to come and live with me coz then I can have someone to play with in the garden besides my three humans. I won't mind sharing my toys. I got two new hockey balls the other day and they're great coz they bounce a bit and they are good for knawing on. Gotta go grubs up.

• 1 month later...

We went to camp today. It was really cold and rained all day. We picked Skyla and her human up and Skyla sat on my head, she wasn't in a very good mood, but I don't mind, I still love her. We went on a loooooong walk, which I liked. I spent time with Skyla and Aleu and thier human mummy's, and I was a good boy and shared my treats and my water with them. I am really tired now, my Mummy keeps saying she has hurt her knee and limping, Daddy is cold. They were covered in mud, which I thought was funny :-). We saw Deisel too, and his mummy, I was a bit tired by then and I growled at Diesel :-( Sorry Diesel. I don't do very well in big groups of dogs as I am not the alpha in my house so I am very shy, but Mummy says the more meets I go to the better I will be. I miss Sam though, but Mummy says Sam will be nasty to other dogs so he can't come with us. I enjoyed seeing everyone today. I am sorry if I didn't come to talk to you, I hope to come to another meet soon!

Big Wooooooooooos to everyone,

Kodi xx

• 4 weeks later...

Today my mama and daddy said it was a stay home day, I don't like stay home days, I thought I would get to go visit my friends at the park today, but they keep saying tomorrow is ride in the van park day, I don't like stay home days, I like ride in the van park days. Now its dark out and I know when its dark out I never get to go outside the gate, except last Wednesday when I found that nice gap under the fence right before mama came home and she found me in the driveway while daddy was up the hill looking for me, mama and daddy weren't happy, is that why they made me stay home today?:erm:

• 1 month later...

I see no one has written in this thread since I last spoke of my life with mamma and daddy, I've grown up a lot since then and seem to be getting great results, as I feel happy all the time, so my owners must be doing something right.

So, my mamma has been on vacation for the last week and I've had lots of time to train her on a few things.

1.) Rule number one, if you don't get up out of bed before daddy feeds me breakfast I will stalk her for an immediate walk even before she gets dressed, so mamma has learned to not sleep in as long and she can get up and have a peaceful morning.

2.) I have trained her to loosen the food in my Kong, so my reward is immediate, but she "forgot" to give me my Kong tonight.

3.) I almost have her trained to take me back to the dog park, but I will have to work on this one tomorrow. Today I found if I howled enough after we left the dog park that she would take me back to another dog park after she went into a few shops. I will try howling more tomorrow and see if I get her to go back for a second time of fun at the park.

4.) I have also trained her to give me a treat in trade for things like tissues, mail, socks, undies, and well anything that might be nearby. It works everytime, I just sit, and drop it and she gives me a biscuit. I am very proud of her, I've been testing this all week, she great at it.

My only problem with such a good week is I seem to have a lot of gas, I'm not sure what she will do for this, but I hope it tastes good.

Today I was out for an afternoon walk with my owner, and guess what it rains :eek: stupid owner she should have known.. The clouds are all grey and it has just rained few seconds ago >_< anyway the rain poured down heavily and I ran as fast as I can to reach the nearest, biggest tree. Or I mean... TRYING to run as fast as I can =\ Owner runs like a turtle and I've to drag her so that she'd go a bit faster, but she kept telling me to "heel" -.- aaanyway I'm all-wet when we finally found a big tree and owner doesn't seem to look guilty at all! IT'S HER FAULT! :mad: only if she'd let me off the leash I'd be back home before I got soggy but somehow she never let me off my leash idk why ._.

Just when I thought I'd be stuck under the tree until midnight an old man came out of his house and gave owner a big, long cane. Old man pushed a little button and the magical cane turned into a mushroom-like thing that kept both me and owner dry under the rain. Owner said "thankyou" and we walked home without getting any wetter :D well I guess I should change my opinion about old men, not all old men hit me like my first owner :D

---Diamond---

So last night my humans decided to leave me alone at home when it got dark out last night. Even though I had a really yummy dinner and a long walk I was still hungry so when they left I decided to munch on these big ugly things the guy puts on his feet. They smelled funny so I had to see what was inside, maybe there was a dead animal in there or something.. Alas, there was no dead animal, not sure where the smell was coming from but I had a blast pulling them apart. He wasn't too happy when he got home. I thought I was helping out, I mean they looked ugly in the first place. had weird string things coming from them, but I took care of those silly things. Now all the things they put on their feet aren't left out anymore. But seriously, If they didn't want me to eat it, why was it left on the floor? Silly humans.

~Wizard

I love this idea but my imagination is way to vivid and I could go on forever....

So the pups have just diarised waking up.

Storm: Woke up – bowed to Mum as she came downstairs this morning – apparently I scratched her feet with my claws – ‘should have em covered up then shouldn’t she…

Shadow: – why’s Storm up? Quick must be Mum – (jumps over Storm) headbutts Mum. Gotta have attention first. Talk to me talk to me. Why did Storm bite me - so touchy?

Skye: (Meekly from the front room) ….Mum is that you? I’m so sleepy I think I might need a belly rub. Leave the boys and come to me NOW! Ahhh, That’s nice thanks Mum. Luv you.

All together: Who’s that coming downstairs now? – oh it’s just Dad….

Mum, Mum, Mum let’s go let’s go, let’s go, need wees!

Mum: my feet and head hurt....

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid humans. Don't they know I'm up at 5am? HellooOOOooo?

I had to wake them up, again. How many times do I have to grunt while stretching or sneeze to get them up? Finally got them up around 5:04am... about time!

The little human is my best... she always has yummy fingers.

My lady human actually invited me up onto the bed this morning. She acts grumpy but I know better so I showed her my gratitude with a little love.... just a little... I don't want to spoil them.

Wait....... I hear the leash - gotta go!

Snap got my human up at 5.00 am as well. She stumbled downstairs let us out for a wee and then nom time. She then muttered under her breath while drinking her tea (which mean thing she doesn't share) about going back to bed and then pushed us outside. So we decided to reinact World War 1 by digging a new trench on a side of the garden we hadn't started on. Anyways one of our other humans comes downstairs and lets us in and we decide we have to go and tell Mum what we'd done by jumping on her bed. How were we to know that she'd only changed her bed linen yesterday and that we had really muddy paws. Boy did she shout at us and then when our other human came in to see what the noise was about and laughed he got shouted at as well. Why was she in bed anyways it was 6.30 am!!!!!

A TRENCH?!!!! Cool! Can I come over?

My humans seem to watch every step I make in the yard. Sheesh... a little privacy would be nice. And they're always concerned about me stepping in something or, for goodness sakes.... EAT something I'm not supposed to. Ya, like I'm going to do that! Can't they see I'm better than that? I'm not at the top of the food chain for nothin'!

A trench, really?

Can you believe, my humans were talking about how much snow we should have. Normally 30-something inches and not a white spot for miles! What the heck! Time to move, I say. My female human says Arizona would be nice but I'm thinking more like.... Canada or Alaska.

This morning when I woke up nobody else was I needed to go outside! I ran in moms room and tried to wake her but she told me to go lay down, so I went and got my new big sister and she went and licked mom in the face, it looked like so much fun, I jumped on the bed and joined her. Mom got up and let us out, I ran and chased the leaves the wind was blowing. Then I spotted the cat! I ran after him and tackled him, and we played for a bit. i got so busy playing when mom let me in I forgot to go potty, so i did so in the floor, mom was not happy about this :P. Then we got breakfast, I had was nice and shared with the cat. After mom cooked bacon (I LOVE bacon!) for everyone else :( we got to go on a walk, I love walks so many new smells, I kinda get scared when the other dogs bark at me, but I have my big sis so they don't mess with me. After our walk I was sleepy and took a nice long nap. I got woke up by a kid squeaking my fav toy. I got up to see where they were and tried to take it from them, I jumped so high, but I couldn't reach it! finally they threw it for me and I out smarted them by dragging it behind the couch HAHA. Right before mom let me back out I went on the floor again, Mom yelled my name, I still don't know why she tries to call me when I am doing this. After that the small mom look a like took me for another walk, we didn't go very far though :(. When we got home I ate lunch and took a short nap. Then mom took me out and we fed the horses, (don't tell mom, but they scare me!) the rest of the day I spent in the house playing with sister, ate again played "go get the ball" BORING! Mom then took me out for my last walk of the day, nothing good happened. When we got home I went to get a drink and the water looked so good I jumped in and tried to dig a hole in the bowl, mom thought this was funny for some reason :confused: I took yet another short nap, when I woke up I decided to get wet again, then i went and jumped on dad, he got real loud and pushed me off! It kinda hurt my feelings :( but o well time to go play some more!

Shiya

I woke up today like any other day... nothing special. Went outside to potty then went on my walk! Yay, my favorite thing! We went to the river and the ice was so hard and thick that I could walk way out without getting wet. But that wasn't good enough so I decided to step off the edge of the ice and step in the water! What fun! It was only up to my tummy but it was more fun that walking in town. Of course there wasn't anyone at the river to look at me so..... ya, the river was still more fun! I sniffed a lot of fish bones and ran in the sand! I ended up with a bath when I got home and ate a couple ice cubes on the deck! Humans are cooking in the kitchen and I think I smell sausage!