Doggy diary

Sarah

Hi everyone I'm Nanook, we arrived at camp about 4pm! Daddy forgot to get beer from the shop so mummy sent him off to get some while she unpacked. Once daddy got back we had a walk around the camping ground. I have never seen so many huskies in my life!! It was so exciting!!! I said hello to some other doggies and some people as well, mummy and daddy seem a bit excited too - they played outside the caravan with me!! Daddy is now making some tea and in playing outside with mummy. I can't wait to meet more doggies later on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry my husky friends, but my mamma has not let me get on here much lately. She's been so busy pulling her hair out with this new thing they call a German Shepherd Puppy named Betty, that she has no time or energy to let me surf the web and speak world wide to my friends. This new canine thing they brought into my house, is nothing like my big brother, who has gone over the rainbow bridge (I sure miss him). The puppy toy was fun for a while, but then it just wouldn't leave me alone and it started honing in on my space in the bed, and it just keeps getting bigger an bigger, and now can jump up in all the same places I can, so it makes it really hard to get any rest these days. Mamma and Daddy don't give me many treats or bones these days, unless I am outside, which I KNOW has something to do with this Betty character. I have to admit though I don't get bored much anymore and my Mamma is proud that I don't jump up at her anymore, nor do I nip at her hands, she keeps calling me a "big girl" and saying how proud she is, I don't think I am a big girl, I just want to be her pup pup again. I can't wait till this other canine can get through with all her medicines and worms, so we can both go to the dog park and I can really show her who is the boss, I bet she can't catch me at the dog park with all my other friends to back me up.

That's tough, especially after you've spent all that time training your humans. No treats and meeting up with yer mates, now that's gotta be tough and as for taking your place on the bed, man that must really suck. I've had a few problems with my human this morning and I've had to have a I'm not coming in for my breakfast strike because first she wouldn't get when I wanted her to and then she gets up when Ollie comes up and asks. She's forgetting that I'm the top dog. OK it was 5.00 am but the cats were up so I needed to be out there patrolling. We're off to the off lead dog area now to see my mates and she's muttering something about giving me a bath. OMG.

• 3 weeks later...

I decided that Mommy only needed 4 hours of sleep before she made me breakfast this morning so I woke her up by lovingly blowing snot in her ear. After I pulled her down the stairs for walkies I sang to her while she made us blueberry pancakes, I luv them but she hogs all the berries and won't give me syrup. I waited till she went in the kitchen and licked it off hers. She's diabetic so I was just helping out. Then Daddy got up and yelled about my singing. Then he got madder cause Mom said it was better than his carry-okie solo last night. Then we went to the beach and I chased a rat that barked so we had to go home cause the rat's mom said I was a menace. I only wanted to see if it squeeked when I squeezed it! Dancing and singing and helping Mom bake all day and now I'm going to let her have a whole quarter of the bed except the part I need for my tail. I wonder what breakfast is gonna be...:doglick:

• 2 weeks later...

We met up with Molly and Timber yesterday and their pet humans @Molly's_Mum and @Molly's_Dad for a fun time at Bedfont Lakes and had great fun chasing each other around in the dog enclosure and we introduced Molly and Timber to some of our other friends who also joined in the fun. :) We then went off round the park on lead to hunt for some bunnies. I think someone told the bunnies we were coming because we didn't find any. :(We also didn't get to paddle in the lake coz a silly swan was on the beach area and Mum won't let us play with them.:oops We then went back into the off lead area and Molly was really clever as she found some fox poop to have a roll in and we all had a paddle in a nice boggy area. Molly must have known that her humans were taking her and Timber to the vet for a check up so she wanted to make sure that she give the vet a nice smell in his room. As Molly said a lady's gotta smell nice. ;)

Timber here: I am dictating to Moll's mum as my paws are too fat to press the keyboard keys.

We had an awesome time yesterday morning. Molly was her usual flirty self and made friends with anything with 4 legs and a wagging tail. I was just happy to take a long, quiet stroll and take in the scenary. Of course, I just had to check on Molly every now and then to make sure she wasn't getting herself into any bother.

The vet visit was pretty embarrassing as I have apparently put on 3 kg. Biggles saved the day by pointing out it was just that the fat had turned into solid muscle. That explanation will do me nicely! :D

A big thanks to Biggles as well for the awesome treats and chicken carcasses - best I've ever had and I showed my satisfaction to my mum by giving her a huge burp when I'd finished it. :P

My dad took some pic's and someone will upload them as soon as we work out how to do it. He managed to take one of me taking a wee.:oops I trust mum will be more sensible and not post it here.

Aww Timber wez thought you'd trained yer humanz better, taking piccies when you're doin yer scenting is not on. Ollie finxs Molly's hot stuff aze they both like to charge about loads, especially wiv puppy. I do like runnin, but like you we've got more important fings to do like sniffin n stuff. Anywayz you did do sum runnin and runnin wiv greyhounds and lurchers is pretty hard work. Lookin forward to seeing yoz soon. Bo and Ollie.

I tried and my laptop screen froze.:confused: So I had to log in again. I didn't mind though; I'm trying to race 'Chip' to the 1000 post line.:P

tick the "remember me" box that way it won't log you out if you're idle

• 2 months later...

First i woke up and went for a pee, then i sniffed the tree because i saw the squirrel run across it yesterday and i wasnt allowed to go and play (squish) it. Then, i heard the next door neighbours so i barked at them, until mum came to see what it was and told me it was time to go for 'WALKIES!!!'. I then ran up and down the garden whilst mum waited for me to come and put the harness on, after calling me she walked off inside muttering somethin about practicing 'recall' whatever that is. I then decided it was the right time to go for a walk so sat down and got my harness put on. I then sniffed at her pockets and made my sad puppy eyes becuse i knew she had cheese in there. I then got the cheese. We then went for a walk and i peed on every tree because i wanted to and because i am Kai and i can. I then tried to follow a lady that had some smeely chicken stuff in her bag but mum said that that was teh wrong way, but shes wrong because im a husky and i know what teh right way is and i demand that we go that way, but i was on a lead so had to follow her, im working on being able to back out of this harness to but all in good time. I kept turning and walking into mums feet so she felt bad for nearly stepping on me and gave me more cheese! Once we got home, i went for a pee again, sniffed soem flowers and had my breakfast in the kong. Mum then groomed me because im shedding, i think thats an excuse for stealing my fur becasue it must be worth soemhting i will find out whats going on but not now im kinda sleepy *yawn*. I the felt tired because being cute and fluffy and perfect is hard work so i had a nice long nap. I slept for ages but told mum before falling to sleep that she had to write my first post in my diary which she is doing now..Training these humans is soo hard ! Fluffy Hugs From Kai x :P

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

Yay we are back, I have missed all my Husky friends. I have not been able to post here much because my Mummy and Daddy have been very busy. We all moved to a new house last year, and have had to do alot of things. Mummy has a new job too. I like our new house, it's very far from our old one, and smaller, but there are lots of interesting places to walk, and much more to do. My Grandma only lives down the road too, so I get to see her and Granddad all the time :) Granddad comes to let me out sometimes if Mummy and Daddy are out. I like to run away from him and play hide, but then When he finds me I go out and make wee. He says I am a chicken, I'm not I'm a Husky, does he not know the difference??

Oh, something sad happened. Sam died :( We went on holiday at the beginning of the year and after we got back Sam started to sleep more than usual ( and Sam slept A LOT), and then he started to be sick. Daddy took him to the dogtor and they gave him some medicine, but he didn't get better, then one night he sicked up some red stuff and made mummy sad. Mummy and Daddy took him back to the dogtor the next morning for some pictures of his tummy to be taken, and then Mummy came back to get me, she was crying a lot. I went with Mummy, and we saw Sam. He was very sleepy so I gave him a wash but he didn't wake up. I understood then. I am glad I gave him a wash, he will be clean then to get into heaven, I am a good boy. I had to look after mummy and daddy after that as they were very sad and kept crying all the time. I have heard Mummy say Sam had cancer, and that it was on his tummy, his spleen and his heart. I don't know what that means but I know it's bad if it took Sam away.

I made friends with Barney the Cat after that, but he missed Sam too much so he went to heaven too. I have a new cat friend now, he is called Gabriel. Mummy and Daddy asked me if I wanted a new brother too, I wagged my tail. They said they wanted to 'rescue' another Husky like me, but the rescues said no because of Gabriel, so I am getting a baby brother instead. I don't mind, I will have a playmate again. Mummy said he will be as small as I was when they had me and I have to be gentle with him like Sam was with me. I will teach him to be naughty so he gets into trouble.......:P Then I might teach him to pull Mummy on the scooter with me when he is growed big.

So I hope my friends will forgive us for not being here so much, but now things are happy again we will be around as much as we can :) I will share my adventures with you all, and put up pictures of my new brother when he comes.

Here I am walking with my Daddy :D

post-535-1384095727084_thumb.jpg

And this is Gabriel

post-535-13840957711134_thumb.jpg

I have to go now, Mummy is working nights and I have to try and let her sleep now I have had my walk. I will post again soon.

Big licks and woooos

Kodi xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...