Teething

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take her to the vets, they may need to operate on her to remove the baby teeth. While she's having the op though they will more than likely spay her at the same time as well if you don't want to breed her - this way you kill 2 birds with one stone and will save you money in the long run :)

Def wouldn't wait around on this though, if her teeth don't come through properly it can cause problems very soon.

Keep us updated on how she gets on - Kimba and Kaiser are worried about their sister :)

dont worry this is normal, Alaska had her baby fangs and her adult fangs growing, within a few days they'll be gone, i know it's sore but your sibe will be fine, i found freezing treats helped, by freezing them it's a cool relief from irrated gums and also offers a numbing affect.

I would freeze cheese cubes, peanut butter in kongs, i would even give alaska a few ice cubes to play with >> this really helped, i also bought tripe sticks and beef sticks from the pet shop, and flavoured, edible bones >> she would site there with her eyes closed and chew them, so we knew she was getting relief.

Loads of chew toys and tough treats will do just fine, plus the ice cubes were great, i even put peanut butter in a ice cube holder and froze it over night >> really helps lol

good luck

I agree with what sarah advised, take her to the vets if it is causing her problems with eating, etc. Are you finding that she is chewing alot more now she is teething. If she is it may be an idea to get some puppy chew toys, some are specially designed for teething, as this can help alot at this time.

When Gizmo was teething one of his canine (fang) did that but it didnt cause him any agrivation at all and soon fell out on its own. However if Shura's puppy canine is causing discomfort when eating and also making her adult canine grow towards the side then I would advise you take her to the vet and they will most likely remove the puppy canine manually or may prescribe a teething gel or something for her to aid the teething.

Keep us updated :)

Well today she didnt eat her breakfst but she ate her dinner and tea. Shes doesnt chew the furniture but she is more nippy again little bugger she got out of it as well. I will try the frozen food things but i dont want to take to the vet just yet coz it will cause more stress she hates it. Last time she went she yelped and wet herself bless all she went for was a check up lol. Thank you for your advice. soz about my spelling if its bad lol bit tipsy haha xx

dont worry this is normal, Alaska had her baby fangs and her adult fangs growing, within a few days they'll be gone, i know it's sore but your sibe will be fine, i found freezing treats helped, by freezing them it's a cool relief from irrated gums and also offers a numbing affect.

I would freeze cheese cubes, peanut butter in kongs, i would even give alaska a few ice cubes to play with >> this really helped, i also bought tripe sticks and beef sticks from the pet shop, and flavoured, edible bones >> she would site there with her eyes closed and chew them, so we knew she was getting relief.

Loads of chew toys and tough treats will do just fine, plus the ice cubes were great, i even put peanut butter in a ice cube holder and froze it over night >> really helps lol

good luck

sorry I&C forgot to do this before - added to rep great advice

Stop being so bloody soft you 2 Sarah Amy you don't need to run to the vets every time you have or think you have a problem with your pet I know there are time when yes you need to but not as often as I have seen some over paranoid woman up the road does ( no names ) Most things dogs get over themselves and taking them to the vets I have found theres always a " here give them these pills or they need a injection or some other bulls**t to cost you money and yes they do it because that's what thier there to do ( it seems anyway ).

As for Shura I bet by the time I've got round to replying she is fine now what she is going thou is natural its just some puupys seem to suffer more than other some you dont even notice.

Hope shes ok :)

Stop being so bloody soft you 2 Sarah Amy you don't need to run to the vets every time you have or think you have a problem with your pet I know there are time when yes you need to but not as often as I have seen some over paranoid woman up the road does ( no names ) Most things dogs get over themselves and taking them to the vets I have found theres always a " here give them these pills or they need a injection or some other bulls**t to cost you money and yes they do it because that's what thier there to do ( it seems anyway ).

As for Shura I bet by the time I've got round to replying she is fine now what she is going thou is natural its just some puupys seem to suffer more than other some you dont even notice.

Hope shes ok :)

I#m not being bloody soft lol Not having seen her giving advice on a health problem is a bit hit and miss all for everyone... i was saying was better safe than sorry. Not all vets charge you for the sake of it, some of them actually care about the animals

Working in a vets for 3 years I picked up a hell of a lot of things, I am in NO WAY saying i'm an expert or anything like that but i've seen pups come in where their teeth haven't grown right and they are in agony, all because their owner thought they'd be alright. Hence why i made the suggestion.

I hope Shura is Ok, can't wait to see her on Saturday, Kaiser can't wait to see his lil sis :D

I only wrote it because I knew you'd rise to it lmao have a nice day lol

LOL too easy..way too easy;)

sorry I&C forgot to do this before - added to rep great advice

lol no worries, thanks

I hope she is okee, im sure she is and didn't need to go to the vets, but in some rare cases the baby teeth are cuasing so much pain and discomfort >> the vet will actually remove it for them.....always better to be safe than sorry;)

Dunno cassie, not had a bitch before, only my boys. Odd though that she wee's in her crate - most dogs don't like to soil their sleeping areas.

Do you put her out for a wee before bed? Try taking her water away about 1/2 hour before as well that may help?

I can't wait till Saturday either - Kaiser is really looking forward to meeting his sister!