Stop them Breading

Hi my name is Sally Straw,we currently live in Germany as my husband is in the British Army. We have a 4year old son Alexander and 2 husky pups brother Ruco and sister Kaala 6 monthes old. Our friend has their mum. The litter went just before Christmas and then about a month ago the family who took Kaala brought her back saying she was too big for them and they didn't want her anymore! i know terrible isn't it?! So we said to our friend we'd take her in. She is such a lovely natured dog and so good with our son. Then a guy who works with my husband (who got Kaala's brother Ruco) said his wife couldn't handle the dog and 2 kids while he went away and did we know anyone who would have him. we said we would. hes also such a well behaved dog. they both dig a bit and like buttons. lol. but we love them to bits.

Now i was wanting to ask for some advice... if anyone can help me i'd most appreciate it. what do we do when he comes to the age where he turns to a "man" and when she comes in season as we don't want them to mate. what is the best thing to do?

Take care and have a lovely day xxx

Hi my name is Sally Straw,we currently live in Germany as my husband is in the British Army. We have a 4year old son Alexander and 2 husky pups brother Ruco and sister Kaala 6 monthes old. Our friend has their mum. The litter went just before Christmas and then about a month ago the family who took Kaala brought her back saying she was too big for them and they didn't want her anymore! i know terrible isn't it?! So we said to our friend we'd take her in. She is such a lovely natured dog and so good with our son. Then a guy who works with my husband (who got Kaala's brother Ruco) said his wife couldn't handle the dog and 2 kids while he went away and did we know anyone who would have him. we said we would. hes also such a well behaved dog. they both dig a bit and like buttons. lol. but we love them to bits.

Now i was wanting to ask for some advice... if anyone can help me i'd most appreciate it. what do we do when he comes to the age where he turns to a "man" and when she comes in season as we don't want them to mate. what is the best thing to do?

Take care and have a lovely day xxx

Hello sally, welcome to the pack :)

The best thing and probably the only thing you can do to prevent the risk of any unwanted puppies and sexual mating going on is to have then neutured. Getting them both neutured will be best as when Kaala comes into season it will drive Ruco absolutely crazy! And if you neuter Kaala and not Ruco means he is still able to mate other bitches so by having both of them neutered will prevent these risks.

Yep like Amy said - get them desexed as soon as possible! At six months the bitch could technically come into season any time between now and 12 months of age. It's the easiest thing for you and the best thing for the both of them :)

hey guys! thanks all so much for your response and i will go see the vets at the weekend and sort it out. the pics are up now and many more to come.

good luck, let us know how you get on :)

off to look at pics now :)

aww it's a shame you gotta give him up i would still get him neutered before you rehome as to pevent him from being used to puppy farm.

if you don't mind me asking why did you choose to rehome the male

She said it was becuase his owner decided she couldn't look after him when her husband was away becuase he was too big.

BAD NEWS GUYS... army has said we can't keep Ruco since we live in the flats and rules are 1 dog per flat. we are now looking for a good home for him but it is really upsetting. wish i could do something about it. sorry...

*hugs* sorry to hear the news :sad:

hope you can find him a new loving home, keep us updated

I agree with andy and sarah, getting him neutured before you rehome him may make more people want to take him if they know he is already castrated, will increase your chance of finding a loving home got him. Also I would try and arrange house visits to potential owners.