Commands

Sarah

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

my 3 now the basic commands (Sit, Lie Down, Wait/Stay, No) but they will only show them off when they want too not when you want them too!Luckily Marley and Gizmo are both fast learners and went really well with Clicker training and then there was Bandit who would do it but he can't hold the command for long but he learned from watching Marley and Gizmo. They also know when to come back when we go to the New Forest but that wouldn't be what I call a command but more a case of distracting their attention to us!

• 2 weeks later...

Bo learned hand signals quicker than vocal commands. At the time, I didn't understand why, but now assume that they challenged him more than vocal commands. He had to actually figure out what each signal meant. He was a very quick at learning new tasks with the hand signals. We used vocal commands for when he learned to speak -- both loudly and softly, and would differentiate between the two when asked ("That hurts my ears, Buddy. Speak soft" or "I can't quite hear you") He also rolled over and shook hands. He no longer rolls over - it hurts his hips now.

He never played with toys, probably because of my rat terrier who was a nasty little girl and 'beat him up' if he touched her stuff! Poor boy.

lol, i tried teaching kimba fetch but he was too clever for me - i always had to fetch it myself, have now come to the conclusion that huskies are not capable of "fetching"

Has anyone managed to get their husky to fetch on command???

mine know the usual, sit, down, paw. reno will 'high five' with his paw as well. stop is fairly effective when they are excited and wait when we are out, but off lead is a different matter and as for fetching or playing with anything when we are out..... forget it. some initial interest, may pick it up but thats about it, glad to read that mine arn't the only ones not interested in play when out,

lol, i tried teaching kimba fetch but he was too clever for me - i always had to fetch it myself, have now come to the conclusion that huskies are not capable of "fetching"

Has anyone managed to get their husky to fetch on command???

I always tell people that huskies are too clever for "fetch."

They will get the ball the first time, but the second time you throw it they'll either eat the ball, or just look at you with that old-fashioned expression which clearly says - "You threw it! You bloody get it!"

Mick

• 4 months later...

Well, Finn is only about 9 weeks old, but we are learning "Sit, Down, Paw, Wait, Bring it back, Let's go, off, and no, No, NO!"

She actually does very well with Sit, but we are teaching it on the hand signal more than the vocal command because she seems to respond better.

Anyone have any tips on getting her to respond to her name? She doesn't even look up when I say it. lol.