Hi from Yorkshire!! :)

Hi everyone, I'm Zoe (27) from North Yorkshire. Just been introduced to this site from Nicola on facebook! Wow I may never be off it! I've been husky obsessed for about 10 years, I blame it on Disney and iron Will! lol ;) I've just come back from Norway raising money for the Dogs Trust which was my first taste of snow mushing and have done quite a bit on rigs. Don't have my own huskies at the min :( but am hoping to return to Norway to work a season and race with a Musher I met over there :). Would love to meet people in the Yorkshire area especially anyone needing a hand with their dogs as I'd love to get as much experience as possible. Doe's anyone here post on the Siberian husky club of GB bulletin board?

Zoe xx

Hi Zoe, welcome to the pack.

Look forward to getting to know you and seeing you round the site.

I'm in Rochdale so not a million miles away from you :)

We're having a meet up in a couple of weeks if you're interested in coming would be great to meet you.

Yeah was amazing thanks, quite possibly the best week of my life! Good way of raising funds for the Dogs trust. They are running it again for 4 weeks next year as it's been so successful! So worth a look into for anyone interested. The only downside from my point of view was it wasn't challenging enough for my liking as it was a beginners experience, but i can put you in contact with the organiser or give you details of other experiences which are a bit tougher and longer for about the same price.

Zoe

Hi and welcome Zoe.

Im not far away in Sheffield and yes, I post on SHCGB board.

We have a 'few' Sibes, (I think we are maybe a 'medium sized' working kennel these days) most of which are working dogs, save the couple who cant run due to health problems, and a retired OAP). We often train with Lucy as share the same training areas. Both of us will be out and about at the UK events next season (mostly SHCGB, but maybe with a couple of other organisations too) Look forward to speaking and maybe meeting you in the future :cool:

Yeah was amazing thanks, quite possibly the best week of my life! Good way of raising funds for the Dogs trust. They are running it again for 4 weeks next year as it's been so successful! So worth a look into for anyone interested. The only downside from my point of view was it wasn't challenging enough for my liking as it was a beginners experience, but i can put you in contact with the organiser or give you details of other experiences which are a bit tougher and longer for about the same price.

Zoe

sounds like it brilliant!!!!!! May have to have a look into that, see if I can get the funds for it this time :)