Beautiful Adoptable Huskies!

Aramek

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've been eyeballing Blizzard too, eh? Isn't she beautiful?

MN142.18381088-2-x.jpg

MN142.18381088-3-x.jpg

Yup, she's with MUSHR...where we got our Red and White, Andy from. I think she was there during the summer also though, as she is very very familiar, even the name. Zoot has been around for a long time and is well over a year, and I actually spoke to his foster family and he sounded like a major handful to take on with Andy.

(^This seems as good a place as any. But, I absolutely adore your photography. Jay-T's too. So, after years of making due with a pretty good point-and-shoot, I took the plunge this year, and got a Nikon D3100 with a couple lenses, and I'm never looking back. I want to thank you for pushing me over the edge, for finally convicing me that I need to make wonderful images.)

===================================

Barney!

WA143.17950718-1-x.jpg

WA143.17950718-2-x.jpg

WA143.17950718-3-x.jpg

Jennet keeps cruising MUSHR....glad I got Andy before you! This is what he looked like when we first met him....or at least when he first got in to rescue because the background in the picture looks like the humane society down in red wing...not sure I would want to do a mushr adoption again, but if I could keep my mind only on the dog, it might be okay. They were difficult to communicate with and you never knew who you would talk to. [ATTACH]8052.IPB[/ATTACH]

Not sure why this pictures saved as a bmp, but if you click on the link and let MSW open it, you can still see the photo.

Andy before.bmp

That's the biggest obstacle with these "not a shelter" rescues. MUSHR, for example, has no building, just a collection of foster homes, really. So, in contacting them, I can certainly imagine it is hit or miss. But, when you live in Fargo, ND, (or any area like it), you quit being picky or you go dogless.

==============================================

Aurora.

ID98.18172218-1-x.jpg

ID98.18172218-2-x.jpg

ID98.18172218-3-x.jpg

(^This seems as good a place as any. But, I absolutely adore your photography. Jay-T's too. So, after years of making due with a pretty good point-and-shoot, I took the plunge this year, and got a Nikon D3100 with a couple lenses, and I'm never looking back. I want to thank you for pushing me over the edge, for finally convicing me that I need to make wonderful images.)

Thank you! DSLRs are absolutely wonderful I don't know what i'd do without mine! Just recently I had to send my main camera lens and body back to Canon... It was gone for a week. I tried to use my old P&S but it just couldn't compare!

oh god look at andy! poor boy looked so thin!

Right Nix? Doesn't he look sad? We weren't even sure we wanted to meet him in person but the picture ended up being older, and yes, he was still very thin....though now, much of his bulk is HAIR!!!:o:lol: Just can't wait till he starts blowing his coat cause his fluffy but is going to get really thin!

I spend way too much time on Petfinders (especially when I want a good cry). It would be very easy for me to become a hoarder (I think I have that genetic predisposition or something), so I have to limit the pack to two doggies. When I do find a dog that breaks my heart, I send a little donation on his or her behalf. It make me feel better.

This guy, named Gnome, was in a kill shelter in Texas. I tend to like dogs that have a bit more of a "feral" look to them. His photo has been taken down, though, and I worry that he was euthanized by the shelter.

post-2418-13585961940421_thumb.jpg

Here's a few over in Houston I've had my eye on... will be moving there in March, so its going to be even more tempting (specially since my boyfriend said OK! wub.gif)

Zelda (female)

Zelda.jpg

Dodger (male) - I don't know why they dressed them.. I think the pics were taken around christmas lol.

dodger.jpg

Elissa (female)

ellisa.jpg

Bode (male)

Bode.jpg

Kane (male)

Kane.jpg

And I just want to say.. I think it's pretty darn hard to find a husky that isn't beautiful!