worst or weirdest thing ur husky has ate!?

what is the worst think or the weirdest thing ur husky has stolen and eaten?

Blaze has just ate a sock luckily he threw it back up poor baby tell u what weve all learnt our lesson now n r gonna b alot more careful frm now on hopefully blaze has learnt his lesson aswell poor baby

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

diefun ate half of his basket muzzle the other day , while it was still on his face, and last week he pooped out 4 socks in a sausage shaped pooped, wondered what the hell it was at first lol, taz just eats anything, animal vegetable mineral he dont care, he does seem to have a thing for washing up sponges at the min especially the green scouring pad bit

well alaska hasn't really "eaten" anything....however when she chews stuff to death we say "alaska has eaten it" lool she will shred anything within an inch of it's life...however she is better than balto, alaska will only chew things in her den/room...in her mind their HER toys, so if were stupid enough to leave her toy rappers up top and think she cant get them...then i guess it's our fualt...however when she sleeps in my room she is next to chargers and other things and she wont touch them....balto....ahh sweet balto lol...has succesfully chewed

1 hoover wire <<<whilsts someone was in the room...took him seconds

2 raw feeding books

1 sibe history book

the carpet

a very expensive woollen rug

phone cord

and a bit of the wall!!!!!!!!

and before we move i would just like to add i wasn't present at any of these incidents loool

the most worrying thing alaska swiped when little was 2 cooked chicken bones and she once got a twigg cuaght in her throut!!!

Misha ate a towel........at least half of it anyway...it was a very thick hand towel....which doesnt belong in our house so god knows where she got it from.......poor little girl was very very poorly, ended up in the vets for 5 days, major op where they had to cut into her stomach, and her intestines 6 pr 7 times to remove it.....that was only a couple of weeks ago...she still has a bald belly, but unfortunately she hasnt learnt her lesson...she stole a sock of the washing lone yesterday and as i tried to take it off her she swallowed it whole...grrrrr Luckily it came back up last night at 2 am!!!! I am very relieved couldnt go through the stress of her needing an op again...it was touch and go whether she would make it, but she's a little fighter and proved all the vets wrong!!

Skye just chews......sponges, socks, dish clothes etc etc!!

They sort of ate the kitchen floor but it was more like they just chewed it as none was swallowed.

Gizmo - Had a raw hide bone and swallowed it almost whole then trew it back up again, luckily didn't have to get him to vets.

Marley - Nicked my sandwich one night! Little bugger

Bandit - Not really eaten anything he shouldn't have done! He mainly just chews everything

This is a great thread :)

Peiper is pretty fond of paper cake wrappers,if my daughter Freya leaves them on a low table she will just sidle up and gently lift them away to be eaten before you realise it !

A couple of times she has done this with birthday cake that Freya has just brought back from a party,but she usually sees the funny side...

Sky is very fond of seaweed on the beach & can usually munch a few strands even when you are watching her like a hawk.

The worst of all happened shortly after Sky joined us and we were walking through a country park on a frosty morning - she dived into a hedge and had some thing black clamped in her mouth - on prising open her jaws I found it was a dead mouse that was frozen stiff:eek:

I retrieved it and lobbed into a field...

Oh, and Kano,a red & white Siberian Husky Welfare Association boy we fostered chewed through the lead to the external Xmas lights ( not plugged in at the time thank fully) but that was more of a chewing session that munching...

You have to be quick when a Husky spots something vaguely edible and sometimes you are lucky and get there first !

Kevin

Me too - luckily Peiper and Sky haven't caught something in front of me (yet!) but the speed of turn and two footed dive would make any cat proud ;)

I remember reading that working Siberians were left to hunt for themselves,so the prey drive/instinct is strong.

Even when the girls are playing with their kongs or a treat I've noticed the spring/pounce and the neck flick,which must be like practicing ther hunting moves ?

As a kid my first dog Jackie,a long haired Jack Russel caught a mouse from behind a cupboard in an old Victorian school - and dropped it live at my Dad's feet !

Over the years, Bo was quite a trouble-maker.

Some of the most memorable were: He chewed the supports of four oak kitchen chairs in one day. He also dug/chewed his way through the drywall by the kitchen door in an attempt to escape, and one day while we were gone, he chose to eat our pet budgie bird. The only thing left was one tail feather. (The bird was probably picking on him as it had 'free-fly' through the house and loved to pull the fur on Bo's feet when he was sleeping).

But of course!

He didn't have to worry though, I never had the heart to discipline him for those things....They were mostly my fault for leaving him too long. Thank goodness he never ate anything to cause a vet visit!

Same here, no matter how much they do it seems impossible to tell them off. I know Ive told my 3 off a few times, but soon gave them a great big cuddle afterwards to say sorry as it's my fault they did what they did in the first place.