Forum Rearrangement

Marc

Hi all,

Just to let you know that you will notice some rearrangement going on with the forums over the course of today. This is being done in order to try and expand on what we already have since we are now getting to the 20000 posts a month stage. And to try and simplify where things should be posted a little more than they are at the moment.

If you think there there is a section that we currently are missing on the forum, please let us know .... Pleae note this does not automatically mean it will be added as we have to keep our eye on the layout of the forum, however if we feel it will add value to the forum then it may be added. When thinking of these hold one question in your mind, "Will this new forum be used a lot?".

OK we need a BOLD . . . "NEW PEOPLE COME HERE FIRST. . . IMPORTANT"

Section. . . in here are all the HOW TO pinned stuff,

how to make your first post in introductions. . .

how to re-size and upload pictures to the forum and into a thread.

Basic Husky info. . .

So your'e thinking of getting a Husky

Feeding, RAW and/or Kibble

Walking

Injections

Runny poo

types of leads and harnesses

the Basic first question stuff that we answer everyday, 24/7

Rather than have them spread out through all the subsections.

Well thats my ha'pennies worth. . . lol smile.gif

Funny you should both say that LOL ..

For the forum side of things one has already been added......

Also another couple of sections that have come onboard:-

1. Member Announcements

2. Members Artwork

3. Walking Places (thanks for the idea on this one to SIberian Wolf :) )

The stuff thats up looks great but I think what Andy ment and what I ment was for the FAQ about huskies like the runny poos one for sure! Not sure how it would work as obviously who would deside what was a FAQ..? Not sure if you have data on that sort of thing but maybe it could be one of those sections that only you can add to so it doesnt get swapped with stuff that shouldnt really be there!? LOL Dunno your the computer genious, sure you'll work sumut out!

The stuff thats up looks great but I think what Andy ment and what I ment was for the FAQ about huskies like the runny poos one for sure! Not sure how it would work as obviously who would deside what was a FAQ..? Not sure if you have data on that sort of thing but maybe it could be one of those sections that only you can add to so it doesnt get swapped with stuff that shouldnt really be there!? LOL Dunno your the computer genious, sure you'll work sumut out!

Yeah, it should be a "Locked" FAQ section that only MODS n ADMIN can add or change. however it could have a subsection for stuff being submitted to be included as a permanent FAQ

To be honest with questions about huskies I would rather people post up .... It promotes activity between members rather than people just saying "go look at this" which can be handy at times, but ends up going over the top

This is not FAQ with regards to everything. Just FAQ on how to use xyz on the forum so could possibly do with renaming. The FAQ section in this way should actually promote more content because at the end of the day if someone doesnt know how to use things, then they wont be using the forum.

Hey Marc, just thought what might be a good idea... maybe as an offshoot of the places to walk section, a list of dog parks and secure areas for off lead walks and where they are in the country...? Then when ever anyone finds a new one they can add it to the list! As far as I know there is nothing like this on the internet at all and I think it would be really usful! :)

Will have a look at this and see what I can do. Might be as simple as having a closed thread within that section that can be added to by moderators/admin if needbe. That way we get a clean list