Anyone skateboard with their sibe?

Hi guys, I'm new to husky working. Wondering if anyone on her has had their sibe pull them while skating. I know how to skate pretty well so I will be fine, but just worried about my sibe.

Also, are there any US websites to get a good back harness? Please provide some suggestions. Thanks

My other half does with mine but he did it with Scooby not long ago n she got spooked n did a nose dive in2 the tarmac n grazed all her face.

SO....... yeh go 4 it but only if ur Husky its not spooked, my other 2 do it n they love it. Paul crouches down n i go up the road n call (in a very strange way) n they go like the clappers !!!

+ cheaper than a rig !

Think you'd need to fit skyhooks ideally.

I used to skate 35 years ago. If I'd kept it up I might have tried. biggrin.gif

pfft. I tried roller balding with mine. Ended up slammed into a neighbors bushes (thorns and sticks in my face), thrown onto the ground (bruised and gashed on my knees and arms) and finally lost Smokey's leash. never again and would never try skateboarding for similar reasons. Will stick to my bike as well.

haha you guys are making me have second thoughts... my main concern is if my sibe sees a squirrel or something and totally goes after it.. that would be bad. but good thing about a skateboard is that i can just jump off and bail on my feet.

i will post up a vid when i do this!

• 4 weeks later...

I was actually on my ass. But it was a mountainboard, where your feet slide into straps, which means you cannot put your foot down if clueless husky decides to chase the first stray cat which walks right by. Ended up with nasty bumps and scrapes and a hole in my jeans (the elbow scar has just started to fade). But then again, if I had worn all of the protective gear, it wouldn't have been a problem. Who would have thought that the first time out would have been such a catastrophe?! tongue.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I can't skateboard, but I've been roller/inline skating my whole life, and have always skated with my dogs. I've seen quite a few youtube videos of people skateboarding with their dogs though. This evening when it cooled off, I decided to harness Misha up, and see how she did with me wheeled. She's still super young, but I figured that a 10-15 minute trot would be fine (no pulling by her). She runs around that much anyways haha! She wasn't afraid of my skates, and did very well! I was completely impressed. I won't let her actually pull me, as she's too young but it's fun for both. We were out for almost ten minutes, and she really figured out what on by meant quickly! Any words of advice from ya'll ? I'd like to take her in the am and pm while the temps are relatively low. (okay, below 90 degrees)

id make sure she knows the commands - especially the stop command LOL or you're going to spend more time in ER than with your pup lol

haha!! I can imagine, as I've seen a ton of vids depicting exatly what you are describing! We are working on it, and's getting it it. I've had to bail into people's yard before to keep from being run over by moron drivers ( at dusk which probably was my fault, but i was still wearing reflective threads!) She's started to run more in the past few days. She has medical issue that is limiting her though.

When Lexy was about a year we got her to pull my son (late teens) on his skateboard. She didn't know any commands so I (WAY past late teens)had to run with her to steer her. Was good but we got some funny looks from people - mainly because I looked beetroot. She and my son loved it though. :P