Husky Owners Charities - Results

Dave

Morning Everybody,

Thanks again for casting your votes over the past few weeks, The results are now in and the top 4 charities are....

huskiesinneed-v2.jpg *** Link removed by Marc due to conflict with the forum rules ***

dptglv.jpghttp://www.macmillan.org.uk/Home.aspx

wl3cas.jpghttp://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

f43gqu.jpghttp://sleddogwelfar...SDW/index2.html

I would like to propose an order for the charities as follows, if you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to add them.

Jan - Mar = Huskies In Need (This may be a greater help to them just after christmas?)

Apr - Jun = Macmillan (As cancer charities are important to people?)

Jul - Sep = Help For Heroes

Oct - Dec = Sled Dog Welfare (As the snow begins to fall and the winter draws in it would be a good time to raise awareness?)

As I said before any comments are welcomed so please add your thoughts

Dave & Kodi

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also need your help on the email i will be sending to all of the 4 charities as i am not great at writing that sort of thing. Here is what i have as a draft...

Good Morning,

I am a member of the Husky Owners forum and we recently ran a poll on charities we would like to focus our support on during 2011. Each of the 4 chosen charities will run for 3 month periods.

I am pleased to inform you that your charity was chosen as one of the 4 that we would like to support.

We hope to gather donations from various meets around the country that our members organise and to promote you charity within the forum on personal signatures. A plan is also being developed for a quarterly raffle that members of the forum can buy tickets for; the prizes for the raffle will be various items from treats to hand made goods.

If you are holding any fundraising events during 2011 that you wish to promote please post it up on the forum and I’m sure that there will be people able to attend with there Huskies to help you raise the profile.

If there is anything you think that we could help you with in particular please let us know.

Dave

Dave..

I would just like to add that as a member of the team over at Huskies In Need.. that this WILL be truly appreciated and I can guarantee that it will definately come in handy :)

Just want to thank everyone for voting on their behalf too :)

What you have written sounds great and outlines everything you have wanted to say.

I am sure that all of the 4 charities will be truly grateful for any help they receive..

Nikki xx

Dave..

I would just like to add that as a member of the team over at Huskies In Need.. that this WILL be truly appreciated and I can guarantee that it will definately come in handy :)

Just want to thank everyone for voting on their behalf too :)

What you have written sounds great and outlines everything you have wanted to say.

I am sure that all of the 4 charities will be truly grateful for any help they receive..

Nikki xx

Ah, thats brilliant. Its nice to do something that helps :D

A reply from Sled Dog Welfare:

Hi Dave,

I have to say on behalf of the other trustees of the charity a massive thank you for considering Sled Dog Welfare as one of your chosen charities. As the UKs first and so far only registered charity in aid of sled dogs, we are always on the lookout for other fundraising ideas. I’m sure you’ve seen the website and are aware that apart from a small amount for running costs, all the money we raise is donated to various welfare schemes annually helping those schemes to rehome unwanted sled dogs. We attend various events during the year and I’ll be sure to post details on the forum!!

Many thanks

Cathy

Cathy Batt

Secretary

Scottish Registered Charity SC037452

9.01 -The advertising of any animals for sale, whether directly or indirectly is strictly prohibited. This includes donations, recooping of costs etc toward the obtaining of an animal in any way shape or form. This is to protect husky-owners and its associated sites from potential puppy farming as unfortunatly not everyone does this legitimatly. Appologies to any legitimate organisations however this is the policy of our site.

That'll be the one m8. Dont worry bout it, its good stuff your doin here m8 :)

O.k thanks for that Marc,

Here is the reply from Macmillan and Help For Heroes

Hello Dave,

Many thanks for your email. We greatly appreciate your decision to support Macmillan. This sounds like a fantastic opportunity and we would like to provide more information for you regarding the forum.

Please could you provide me with your postcode and I will be able to give you the contact number for your local Macmillan Cancer Support office who will be able to help you with this.

Many thanks,

Lizzie Offredi

Supporter Services Assistant

------------------------

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for your email and for choosing Help for Heroes as your charity, we really appreciate your support. It’s absolutely fantastic to hear about your wishes to fundraise, We are honoured to have your support and I will try to help where I can to get the ball rolling.

The first step to fundraising in aid of H4H would be to register yourself on our online system. This is beneficial because we are then able to track your progress, it makes your donations much easier to process and we can send you promotional items such as banners, posters, wristbands, collection tins or anything else that you may require!

Okay, heres the next thing...

I hope this is O.K with the Admin staff???

I would like to make a 'Badge' that if people want they can add to there signature to let visitors etc. know that we are trying to raise money for a particular charity and do something really good.

This is what i have so far....

2z7im84.jpg

But i think it would be good to have the Husky Owners banner on there so if people want to use it elsewhere they can.

Can i have thoughts, ideas and if you want some better examples?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hear you didn't receive an email reply hun, although the rescue is very busy at the moment with a fair few dogs in and more coming in all the time.

I have an email address you could send it to if you would like as it is one specific for fundraising :)

fundraising@huskiesinneed.org.uk

If you address the email to Yvonne, she is our fundraising co-ordinator and would love to hear from you.

Hugs

Nikki xx