Hello proud new owner of Siberian Husky!!

This is a great website, and looking forward to doing alot of learning!

He is about 6 weeks week old, his name is Denali

d6666d2f.jpg

Here he is pictured with my 4 yr old Pomeranian!

fa54cfb4.jpg

They seem to get along great, and I monitor there playing sessions and when it gets out of hand I get stern and have to break it up like a referee smile.gif

So far so good minimal whining at night and he is already taking to a leash. One issue is he has loose stool, been checked for parasites all clear. I initally started him on Chicken and Rice formula, and now am gradually switching him over to the lamb formula to see if that firms it up. rolleyes.gif

awwwwww what a cute puppy, when i got my puppy she has loose stools and giving her raw chicken wings and boiled rice is the only thing that keeps her solid

we need more pix and hope that he gets better soon and we get to hear that you are having lots of fun and love with your lovely puppy

I have had him for about a week or so, apparently the mother wasn't taking to the pups well and was weaned very early, not sure how common this is? He has had his first vaccination by the breeder, but the vet told me when they are that young usually vaccinations don't do much for the puppy..he is going this weekend to get his vaccinations again for a piece of mind. When I take him for walks they are generally right in front of my garage where he does " his business " that should be relatively safe yes? P.S. Thanks the POM is a little ball of energy, she is up to date on all her vaccs/heartgard etc, any other things I need to take care of ? Thanks!

Hiya, welcome to the pack :wave:

Denali is a little cutie! :wub: I'm sure he will play fine with your pom, just be aware as he grows up, some huskies have a natural aversion to small dogs, but if he grows up with it, he should be fine :D

He is still young for a pup to leave the Mum so you may have to watch for his biting, he would normally learn this from his pack .. but great advice been given already ... enjoy being owned by a sibe! :lol:

When I take him for walks they are generally right in front of my garage where he does " his business " that should be relatively safe yes?

Why wouldn't it be safe? In fact, now is the time to reward him and give plenty of "good boy"'s when he's done his business. It will go a long way in training. Also, if he does mess up in the house, do not get upset, nor scold him in any way. Just let it go, and when he does his business outside, praise praise and more praise.

Beautiful dog by the way. The paws on him reminds me of Sheba when I first got her. He also has a nice mask.

Welcome to the pack.