Council bans dogs from 72 of its parks

Dunc

Dogs have been banned from 72 parks in a local council area.

They have been outlawed from sites including play areas, fields and open spaces by Newark and Sherwood District Council, Nottinghamshire.

Animal welfare officers, park rangers and police community support officers can issue on-the-spot fines of £75 for breaches of the Dog Control Orders and on owners failing to remove dog faeces from all relevant areas.

Other orders also ban people from taking more than six dogs on leads on to two areas in the district and others say dogs must be kept on leads in eight areas.

The council said it had worked with parish councils which asked for extra orders based on their specific local knowledge.

It said: 'The new orders will enable the council to exercise more controls over dog fouling and on owners who allow dogs to get out of control.'

But Dogs Trust chief executive Clarissa Baldwin said they were 'dismayed and concerned' about the ban.

She said: 'We believe in responsible dog ownership but a total ban is an overreaction to the problem of a small minority of owners failing to clean up after their pets.'

She said they were concerned the elderly, disabled or those on low incomes would struggle to travel to other areas to exercise their pets.

Newark and Sherwood council said owners were still free to walk their dogs in many areas, just not in those where orders were in place.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1265832/Council-bans-dogs-72-parks.html#ixzz0l9Y6kh2H

What a joke some people jus cant get to other places. I wonder how long untill other places follow suit its a joke and most likely another excuse to charge people money. To be honest i dont think i hardly ever see dogs mess laying about like it used to owners are much more responsable, Though there are a small minority who should be shot for affecting the rest of us.

in short and excuse language what a load of BOLLOCKS !!!!angry.gif

It really is pathetic. . .WE are asking to be segregated. . .WE WANT a seperate place where we can let our dogs off, where they can be controlled and contained.

If we were a religion and being denied the right to follow our religion and denied a place to do it we could sue the ar$e off them.

OK so we start the Holy Church of BALTO. . . and our Place of religious observance is a large wooded area enclosed by a 6ft fence, with a tap for clean running water.

Poo bins to put the HOLY CRAP (batman) in.biggrin.gif

I can see why they would do this, but agree it is a total over reaction.

Having lots of trails and park areas around where I live I find it more concerning that despite calls for dog owners to pick up after their dogs the complete lack of disposal facilities give no incentive to do so.

An example of this local to me is at the Cannock Chase Visitors Centre / Birches Valley. It is a 2.5 mile walk between the two which we do on a regular basis. There are bins at each centre but absolutely nothing along the miles and miles of forest trails. Dog mess is everywhere as a result.

I assume this scenario is played out throughout the country, so blaming the dog owner for lack of facilities is just wrong. The facilities need to be in place, followed by a concerted highly visible crackdown. I am sure then a complete ban would be unnecessary.

Why does everything have to be a complete ban in this day and age anyways?

Some people use already illegal firearms - lets ban replicas

Knives begin to be used - lets ban the carrying of knives

Dog mess and loose dog problems - Lets ban dogs from parks

Kids like playing football on grassland - Lets ban ball games

The list just keeps on going and going!!! Gets right on my nerves.

Rant over :)

It really is pathetic. . .WE are asking to be segregated. . .WE WANT a seperate place where we can let our dogs off, where they can be controlled and contained.

If we were a religion and being denied the right to follow our religion and denied a place to do it we could sue the ar$e off them.

OK so we start the Holy Church of BALTO. . . and our Place of religious observance is a large wooded area enclosed by a 6ft fence, with a tap for clean running water.

Poo bins to put the HOLY CRAP (batman) in.:D

omg that is the best idea i've heard in a long time! Rob's all for it too! lol, we could dress the female huskies as nuns, the males as vicars! :lol: Rob said he's all for the husky religion, but draws the line at being baptised by the holy urine, lmao! :D

In all seriousness, wtf is the matter with that council?! Whats next? being fined as soon as you step out the front door with your dog if it so much as looks at a passer by? And it's all because irresponsible owners can't be bothered to pick up after their dogs and can't control them properly. And they spoil it the responsible owners, grrrrrr :angry:

omg that is the best idea i've heard in a long time! Rob's all for it too! lol, we could dress the female huskies as nuns, the males as vicars! :lol: Rob said he's all for the husky religion, but draws the line at being baptised by the holy urine, lmao! :D

Nuns n Vicars. . . ROTFLMFAO. . .biggrin.giflaugh.giftongue.giflaola.gif