Hello...

Hi, my name is Missy and I have been lurking for about a week. This is a great forum and I love all the topics, advice and overall since of family! It has been very helpful. After months of looking, my husband and I put down a deposit on a lil female husky last week. We have already named her, Nikita. She was only 2 days old at the time. She is currently 9 days. So needless to say it is going to be a long 7 weeks for us. We are getting picture updates and the whole family is excited. The good thing about having to wait is that is it giving us time to research further and get ready for her arrival.

My husband and I been in love with the breed for years. When my brother got his husky, NaNuk, about 6 months ago that pretty much sealed the deal for us. We just adore him. Even though he is a naughty lil guy. *lol* My kids (we have 3 and my nephew also lives with us) are all excited for the new family member. We also have 2 other dogs... Daisy (8 year old basset hound) and Willow (2 year old chihuahua).

So thanks again for such a wonderful place to come and get great advice and share stories. :D

Missy

thanks everyone... Any ideas on what her color is going to end up? Her dame is white and her sire is more of a black n white (maybe more of a diluted black with a beige undercoat) but she looks more red or sable to me, but she is real dark around her eyes..... maybe it is to early to tell? I will try to post pics..

Hye welcome to the pack! She's adorable, bet you cant wait!

You cant really be sure on her adult colouring until she's fully grown. Kira was pure brilliant white when we got her, now she has tan lining her ears, and shes growing a patch of black hairs right in the center of her head! Her once jet back nose has turned liver the last couple of weeks aswell, she's changing so much :)

oh wow - i'm getting broody again - look out marc lmao

Welcome to the pack - she is adorable!! :wub:

She will change her colour a bit over the next few months and her markings will also change as well

Look forward to seeing you around the site and can't wait to hear how she gets on when you get her home :D

Hiya, Missy, welcome to the pack :wave:

Nikita is gorgeous :wub: I only had to wait 2 weeks for our Myshka when we were getting her & that seemed like forever!

Hope the next few weeks fly by for you, please keep getting the pics when you visit her & posting them here, xxxx

thanks again guys.

Waiting is not easy. I look forward to my weekly photo and email updates. Nikita lives about 2 hours away, so we have not been to visits yet. My 3 (almost 4) year old son, keeps asking when he can go get his puppy. I keep explaining that she has to stay with her Mommy for 7 more weeks... he says "I have a great idea... lets just bring her mommy home too!" HAHA