Sign in to follow this  
Jon and Luna

Hello new here with 9 month old adopted Husky

Hi all.

I'm Jon, I just adopted a 9 month old Husky just over a week and half ago.

She is a beautiful girl, and full of energy...sometimes.

I have an issue in that today she developed diarrhoea, and is not really eating her dry food.working dog from pets at home.

We have been giving her a third of a tin of pedigree chum mixed in to make her new food more tasty, but she only eats the tinned food, and leave her dry biscuits.

If anyone can help I'd love to hear from you.

She is going to become my assistance dog, so she is very important to me and the family. We love her loads and She gives great cuddles, so I'm sad when she is feeling like this.

She could have had something wrong to eat...could also be over feeding...could be a lot of things really ... try her on boiled chicken and rice see if that firms her up...

Would you give your children dried food for most of their meals and expect them to eat it? If you’ve just adopted her she will take time to settle in and you may unwittingly have changed her diet which can upset the gut. Could you not feed at least some raw to encourage her gut bacteria? Kibble varies hugely and most is cheap rubbish full of cereal and not enough protein, a good quality dog food, not Pedigree anything tbh, Aatu, Barking Heads and similar tray or tinned foods would be infinitely better for her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you are positive she doesn’t have a blockage. 

Cut back the feeding amount. Treats count in this. If feed too much it will cause diarrhea. 

I just skip dinner and then feed 1/2 amount for breakfast and slowly increase. If stools get loose again then you know how much is too much.

*I never found Chicken and rice to work for mine* Well, Turkey and rice. LOL mine are intolerant to chicken.

Get a good quality Prebiotic/Probiotics/Enzymes. Really helps with sensitive bellies. 

Stress, too much food, bad food, table scraps, and food allergies/intolerance will cause diarrhea.

I've just spent over half an hour replying to your post   -  then lost it just as I was going to post.    If you want to know the best type of food for your furbaby,  and the ones to avoid like the plague you only have to ask   -  its too late to try and recreate it.

Welcome to the pack,  get rid of pedigree its rubbish 

Bran fibre helps firm my 2 up but depending on the dry food it might not be agreeing with her , or you could be over feeding which is a common cause of diarrhoea in pups