First test of the new secure field

tonyb

How tall is the fencing?    Marley can take a 5ft fence from sitting  -  he cleared a 4ft fence before he was 18 months old.   I've now got 6ft temporary fencing panels to stop him messing with my neighbours lawns.

12 minutes ago, wolfpup said:

How tall is the fencing?    Marley can take a 5ft fence from sitting  -  he cleared a 4ft fence before he was 18 months old.   I've now got 6ft temporary fencing panels to stop him messing with my neighbours lawns.

The posts are 3 meters tall, will just less than a meter in the ground, so they should be around 6.5ft, plus we then have the fence going a little extra beyond that. We're in the middle of testing, but it's already on the cards to extend the fencing at the top to angle inwards, that should help any super jumpers :)

looks Great!
Sure seems tall enough...do you have defenses for going Under?

I have seen videos of huskies squirming through small holes under fences...
Mine is not interested in escape and mostly lies on the deck near the door, but I was ready to reinforce the base of fence if I needed to 😄

21 hours ago, Shepsky5 said:

looks Great!
Sure seems tall enough...do you have defenses for going Under?

I have seen videos of huskies squirming through small holes under fences...
Mine is not interested in escape and mostly lies on the deck near the door, but I was ready to reinforce the base of fence if I needed to 😄

Yes, we've taken great care for the diggers, each side of the enclosure has different defenses, ranging from additional fences, hedging with deep roots, pinned fencing to the ground and wire fencing actually buried on an angle. Most have a mix. We are very paranoid :)  But we know if a dog wants to escape they will (seen too many YouTubes), which is why we are going to ensure dogs are not unattended.

3 hours ago, goingsolo said:

Sare you going to hire the field out ? It looks great well done xx

That's the plan, we're going to test from now to mid spring, then we'll start advertising.

• 1 year later...

Hi Alicia, we're based in Alfreton, Derbyshire. Probably too far away for you :) This video is a little outdated now, we've upgraded, I'll have to post some more.

Archived