Mowgli's Christmas Present - Which took me a week to do

DanUK

Hi All,

I am not a huge Christmas fan but as this was my first Christmas with Mowgli I thought I would spend all my money on him and forget the rest of the family :)

If you live in the UK you will know our weather can be horrible. I wanted to get Mowgli a shed for the sole purpose of somewhere dry and warm for him to eat his bones in the cold wet winter weather we have 11 months of the year. Well.......It started with a simple plastic shed and then I got carried away. Ill let the photos tell the story.

THE PLASTIC SHED

IMG_0247.thumb.JPG.71337640c08d66eeb9b5a185651de654.JPG#

The outdoor flood light for seeing down the side of the house.

IMG_0249.thumb.JPG.3a77e548782272f563ac9123668143cf.JPG

The water and propane gas hook up.

IMG_0251.thumb.JPG.ee2e47840bf56d918ca0ca8ca5aeb06c.JPG

The CCTV camera with audio to supervise bone eating. A Nest CO2 / Smoke Alarm which will make sense why I have it in next photo.

IMG_0259.thumb.JPG.ec3c686031e8daa3065e979812d70e93.JPG

Propane powered shower and some dodgy plumbing as I thought it makes sense to make the shed multi purpose and not just a dog bone eating shed. Now his all weather grooming shed aswell.

IMG_0257.thumb.JPG.c95cce92663a91da1b1d6bec112333dc.JPGIMG_0256.thumb.JPG.b3c503f0577da7f8cc4a4125f2905d19.JPG

Extractor Fan, 58watt LED Tube Light & Grooming Table

IMG_0254.thumb.JPG.250bee4ff538002b3688b929a365de7e.JPG

6 Way Consumer Unit (Had it spare) for Lighting, NEST, Tube Heater (So we don't get too cold) and socket in plug the dryer in.

IMG_0252.thumb.JPG.019c130f8cd5d8954062c9a8527fa84f.JPG     IMG_0261.thumb.JPG.2bd7dd80e0cb516eeb03eaca9220e383.JPG 

I have a few thing left to do including fitting a towel rail and a shed for cleaning stuff. The hardest thing was mounting everything as the shed is made of plastic and very thin. This meant that I had to bond panel onto the wall and mount to bits on this. I also need to address the Flue for the shower as it is getting hotter than I thought. If I run the shower for longer than 10 minutes the roof starts to melt. :) 

All in all, Mowgli has done well this Christmas and the rest of the Family didn't :) Oh well.....Happy Dog = Happy Me

Dan

IMG_0253.JPG

I love it DAN!! MOWGLI loves his shed... that's for sure!! Awesome job making this hitech she'd with everything needed. MOWGLI told me he would like to have a gushy bed in it!![emoji23]
LOVE the video too...esp in fast forward mode. It took MOWGLI less than 4 minutes to eat that big bone!!
Definitely, our doggies come first!! And rule us!!
[emoji92][emoji252][emoji23]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Thanks everyone for your comments. I think the only reason Mowgli likes it is that he can now have bones even when the weather is bad :)  I have used the shower everyday since the shed was finished just to give him and under-body wash as we get very dirty on our walks...

Next is a proper dog bath instead of the table. Waiting till end of the month as its another £600 :unsure:

P.S. Is Mowgli looking FAT to you lot? He has put on about 1.5Kg (3.3 Lbs) since his change to raw and now weighs in @ 31.5Kg. (69.44 Lbs) My aim for his weight was always 32Kg (70.54 Lbs) but now I thinking more like 30Kg ? (66.13 Lbs)

Great shed!!!
Its hard to tell weight from the video have you any pics of him? He looks line he has a waist tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

All I know Weight wise is that the last time I got Ice weighed, the vet told me to watch his Weight doesn’t creep up any more (he was 32kg at the time) as he was at the higher end of the scale for being a healthy weight. Ice is really tall for a husky too, so his Weight was always going to be in the higher end because that’s how he’s built.

Thanks for comments on weight everyone. 

On 1/5/2018 at 7:24 PM, Emma said:

All I know Weight wise is that the last time I got Ice weighed, the vet told me to watch his Weight doesn’t creep up any more (he was 32kg at the time) as he was at the higher end of the scale for being a healthy weight. Ice is really tall for a husky too, so his Weight was always going to be in the higher end because that’s how he’s built.

Mowgli is Husky Malamute so should be slightly bigger. I think I will get him done a little and then see what he looks like after he blows his coat. I can still see very clear muscle definition on his sides and legs but his ribs seem to of gained abit of padding :) 

On 1/5/2018 at 9:50 PM, PaulG said:

for the boiler Flue go to a caravan shop they make a collar that fits around the pipe

https://www.static-caravan-spares.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=113

admit it, its really a Man cave not a  dog  room

Hi Paul. Thanks for the link. I will have a look. I did consider kicking Mowgli out and putting a tv on the back wall instead. I rather have him with nice smelling breath and clean belly though :) 

I made a huge mistake. I should of put the shed at work as thats where I am 5 days a week. Couldn't afford to do another shed so hooked up another shower for him. :) 

IMG_0295.thumb.JPG.4bac9fd5b477b38e66c707e6c2f4202f.JPG

Archived