Well this restored my faith in humanity

PaulG

in my home town i live just off to the side the centre is the rail way station and nightclubs, with the state of my back and my medication I tend to wake up in the early hours. So whilst waiting for the next dose to kick in I go for a walk as i am in less pain up and about than sitting or trying to lay down waiting for the meds to kick in for an hour

3am is this morning i get up after all the drunks in town had left and went for a walk got dragged onto te station platform by the trainspotter husky and found a handbag purse phone bank cards etc and a few bits of shopping dumping in the bus shelter thing they have on the platform

well I took it down tried to hand it to the police and was told not our problem ... went home and put the phone on charge hour or so ago i got a call told the caller why i had the phone and they told me. They had come up from swansea to cardiff for the rugby done a little shopping and whilst they stopped off for a drink some one robbed them, picked up the shopping bags and handbag, The cash had gone but phone etc was left dumped miles away from where they lived an hours drive.

Now this isnt the first time i have done this normaly i am really lucky if i get a grumbled thanks, the normal response  is a nasty look as they walk away with out even the offer of a coffee from greggs etc this time i was kindly given a bottle of red wine as thanks. I am really thinking about just ignoring the phones and wallets i see on the ground  but maybe its still worth trying to help people

I think the worst one was when i returned a wallet with a lot of cash in it to its own and the guy counted the cash said good its all there and walked away without even a thank you. I am not doing this for a reward just to be a good person but with the bad atitudes and accusing looks and total lack of gratitude this simple offer of a thank you bottle of wine prooves that I am not alone and that some good people still ive in the world

That is a sweet story, and you are a good person. Don't stop being that good person because others lack it. Just know you are doing something that others wouldn't. And that is something to be proud of. Self pride is worth more than a thank you from an ungrateful person. But when you come across that seldom few that are grateful, it makes it even better. 😊 Be the best you, you can be! The world can use more of you. 😊

Keep doing it - what goes around comes around ( to the thankless people you have helped - well they just need to learn manners!!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

@PaulG ~ I'm so happy you do this!! Tracking down these people is just heartwarming!! If I had something lost or stolen, I'd be so grateful to the person who contacted me!! Even if you never had gotten thanked ever, just by you doing a good deed gives you self satisfaction in knowing you did something very nice. You are a Godsend!!
Please be safe when going on these middle-of-the-night walks ok. I pray you can get relief for your back.
[emoji169][emoji92][emoji313][emoji252]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Well done you. Losing your purse/wallet is quite stressful so anyone being handed it back by a finder deserves a heartfelt thank you at the very least. When I’ve found things I wouldn’t ever accept any sort of reward because it’s not necessary and what if you find a wallet with not much in it and the loser isn’t well off? I’m just pleased to be able to return lost items and hope that if I lost something I’d get it back too. I put my phone down in a shop recently to look at something and got to another shop before I realised. I used my iPad to see where my phone was, still in the first shop so we went back there to the shelf and it had gone. When I enquired, one of the assistants produced it from his pocket, I’ll never know if he was planning to keep it but it struck me as odd that he hadn’t made the counter staff aware he had it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's awesome, just keep doing what you do, it is sometimes easy to get discouraged when you come across so many bad apples in the barrel, but every so often you come across a good one and get that reward of gratitude and kindness that makes it worth the effort to do the right thing!!

Such a shame that in this day and age we debate doing something good like this incase we get no thanks from it , it's always worth helping people even if they don't seem grateful the more helpful people in the world the better the place will be , ill always help if i can with anything n not expect anything in return just the feeling of doing a good deed is enough

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Just keep doing what you do [emoji4] Don't stop because your such a good person [emoji2] It's always good to do the right thing even if your the only one doing it. [emoji4]
Helping people is an amazing thing that brings joy to the person doing it [emoji4] and there are nice people out there who greatly appreciate the kindness you are showing to everyone. [emoji4] Good work!! [emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived