Newbie questions

JayAmberCA

@JayAmberCA ~ My husband & I had this very same problem with my ARMANI. We weren't "allowed" LOL to kiss/hug bcuz ARMANI wanted all attention on him and seemed jealous. He was trying to dominate ME since he chose me to be his Husky playmate. Definitely, your baby is trying to "control" & "dominate" you both as well. When LINK does those things, gently pull him off and make him lie down. Give him a toy to "try" and distract/redirect his attention off of you both. If that works, give him lots of praise & say Good Boy!!
(As for us, ARMANI seemed to refuse and it became a game "to him." So we kept working with him for a year!!! (We actually has problems with him biting the heck all over my arms & more.) We ended up adopting our ALINAH, and now she is his sister, they're the best of friends, and all domination problems...GONE. That was the only way we could fix the problems. ARMANI is the most STUBBORN Husky out there!! And ALINAH is a Godsend and really balances him out!!
(ARMANI is 20mths old and ALINAH is 12mths old... so being 8 months apart is just perfect...and they are VERY SPOILED like they should be!!)
Just keep working with LINK, very gently to make him feel included, redirect him with a toy, and give great praise!!
*BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS OF YOU TWO!!*
(I love CA!! We go to Los Angeles/Hollywood area at least once a year!!)
[emoji4][emoji171][emoji252][emoji191][emoji170][emoji274][emoji267]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had the same problem with Aris. I just gently pushed him away, and sent to his "place" which is 2 steps away from sofa where we sit. He is very jealous, I think because we are 24h together, mostly alone and he hardly excepted closest family members. He even protected sofa because it was "mine" (I spent most of the time on it). When we are out, he protects me from everybody and everything. I am working extensively on socialization but no big success yet. Dont let that happen to Link. They need to repeat socialization often, for months. Because they are "forgetting" things as they grow. 

QUESTION!

Link is totally house trained, he barks when he wants to go outside and has not soiled inside for almost a month now! wooo! finally, i didnt think the day would ever come.

As of late, my wife or I have had to leave the house for 4 hours, never any more than 5 hours.

Whenever we come home we find he has not soiled or anything, are we just really lucky or is it possible he is eating his poop and cleaning up his mess?

I've heard dogs can do it but surely the house may still stink of poop slightly or a stain of some kind?

Help!

Maybe just holding it all in and not soiling anywhere???

I have never heard of dogs cleaning up behind them in the house...and then you would see some evidence and smell it...

sometimes Google is a lot of waste of time...but then go ask on FB then you know for sure...[emoji3]

Oh my goodness don't have FB thank goodness but yeah don't hear good things about them either lol Google and FB is a waste of time just come here [emoji4] lol [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

Let's put it this way dog is not cleaning after itself...try cctv camera's otherwise and post te videos you might make a lot of money...

I do have a Welsh Springer Spaniel that wipes his bum when he is not sure all is out...LOLOL

I don't think LINK ate his poodoo...dogs can hold it for quite some time. Just give them about 20-30minutes like mine bcuz they have to play first!!
And great, no more accidents@mattman17 !!
When in need of help, just call the
[emoji90] POOPMAN[emoji90] to help!🤣
Oh, that reminds me, I have to do poodoo duty right now ... I'm the Poopie Police here!!
🤣[emoji90] [emoji61]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Dogs can for other reasons eat their own poop (think it’s called pica?)
but tbh you’d soon know if that were the case as you’d find remnants laying around for a start. Much more likely that he’s simply growing up and being able to hold it in for longer periods of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• 1 month later...

I am at my wits! i cannot get link to stop jumping up on the kitchen counter...

but if we are having dinner around the table, he wont jump up but we have an open living and kitchen space and if we are watching TV he will just patrol the kitchen and jump up..

We move all food away from the edges and i always clean the surfaces so it doesnt even smell like there is any food close by.

He's been jumping for almost a month now and we just cannot seem to get him to stop.

HALP!!

When he jumps up on the counter, say "No no" and gently lift him down...when you've put him back down on the floor, say "Good boy LINK." You may have to do this over and over until he gets it. If you catch him right before he jumps up, you can always say, "Ah ah LINK, no no" as well. When he listens to you and doesn't jump up, reward him with happy verbal praise.
I hope this helps. He will eventually catch on.
[emoji274][emoji252][emoji5]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Just one firm no or ahah noise and remove him from the area , a long house line might work better as if u watch him u can give him the firm no and lead him away from the side when he ignores the side and listens to u give him praise and fuss

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Archived