Moving to the U.K. from the U.S.

Little Wolf Nala

So I've officially decided to move, I was just wondering if you guys may have any airline or new food suggestions. 

The only airline I can find with a "Pet Safe" policy is United Airlines (and we've all heard how great they've been lately), so I was wondering if there are any other airlines that do trans-Atlantic routes and have a Pet Safe policy you guys might recommend me looking into? 

The other thing is her food. I'm currently feeding her Canidae: Pure (a Petco exclusive brand, so only accessible in America). If there are any U.K. dog food brands that are limited ingredients and grain free you'd recommend me switching her to, I'd greatly appreciate it!

It's just so stressful trying to get all my ducks in a row for this move 🙈

Your vet will be able to prescribe a sedative type tablet for her to calm her nerves which you should be able to give her at the airport,  what about British Airways?    They transport thousands of different species every year.

Wainwrights (pets at home exclusive), Arden grange, James well beloved, there are loads more I can't think of tbh. Some places you can get taste of the wild too. If you go to the pets at home website that should give you a good idea of the types of brands available.

Transatlantic flights I'm not too sure about for pets. When we flew over the pond we went with BA (British airways). They're a very old and well known airline but they're not known for being cheap, lol. I suppose virgin would be another option but I honestly have never used them so can't comment on them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Hi,
And welcome to the UK!
I feed guru, a cold pressed kibble, you can get grain free and they deliver free post for orders over £50, I just add a bag of treats to my order to qualify!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Just make sure pup is chipped and has a passport 6 months before travel and has a rabies shot 6 months before travel...also needs a anti worming just before travel...all info can be found on the DEFRA website....

I use Excel with vacpac Lovejoy, Forthglade (dry store raw until open then into fridge, & Albion - comes frozen.) All wheat & gluten free. You can Google these for more info.
Ref travelling I'm sure you've checked out all necessary jabs and your vet should know however the UK passport animal advisory line & website is very informative re travel advice.
You need min three months b4 travel re Rabies and of course all paperwork / animal passport and innoculations - Tobk has given DEFRA site requirements.
I would look for a gentle sedative to help calm her pre travel and an airline that moves large stock like horses so you can visit her in the travel hold. Its temp controlled.
You'll need a purpose designed strong travel cage that will let her rest comfortably - again the passport office may give better info.
If any other woofs are travelling maybe they can be next to each other for comfort & company.
I'll ask my friend who flew Morgan horses to/from the States.
● When are you travelling?
Gently de-sensitising her to small groups, then built up areas and perhaps with other Husky furkids or groups. They learn from example and your own anxiety will transfer to her so it's a Learn & win-win situation here for all.
Where are you going to settle ? Lots of Husky groups here incl rescue orgs! 🤗

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

I use Excel with vacpac Lovejoy, Forthglade (dry store raw until open then into fridge, & Albion - comes frozen.) All wheat & gluten free. You can Google these for more info.
Ref travelling I'm sure you've checked out all necessary jabs and your vet should know however the UK passport animal advisory line & website is very informative re travel advice.
You need min three months b4 travel re Rabies and of course all paperwork / animal passport and innoculations - Robk has given DEFRA site requirements. Of course microchip & ID dog tag.
I would look for a gentle sedative to help calm her pre travel and an airline that moves large stock like horses so you can visit her in the travel hold. It's temp controlled.
You'll need a purpose designed strong travel cage that will let her rest comfortably - again the passport office may give better info.
If any other woofs are travelling maybe they can be next to each other for comfort & company.
Gently de-sensitising her to small groups, then built up areas and perhaps with other Husky furkids or groups is perhaps a good idea to start asap.
They learn from example and your own anxiety will transfer to her so it's a Learn & win-win situation here for all.
Where are you going to settle in the UK ? Lots of Husky groups here incl rescue orgs! 🤗 Safe travels!

I also give coconut oil & raw veg. I've cut down on raw eggs x 3 a week down to one as saliva changes cause a reddish-brown stain around muzzle which indicates too high protein.
My boy shows this but not my girl.. so into second week of change & watching.

Ref travelling I'm sure you've checked out all necessary jabs and your vet should know however, the UK passport animal advisory line & website is very informative re travel advice.
You need I believe a minimum three months prep jabs and paperwork b4 travel re Rabies and of course all paperwork / animal passport and innoculations - Robk has given DEFRA site requirements.
I would look for a gentle sedative to help calm her pre travel and an airline that moves large stock like horses so you can visit her in the travel hold. It's temp controlled.
Gently de-sensitising her to small groups, then built up areas and perhaps with other Husky furkids or groups. They learn from example and your own anxiety will transfer to her so it's a Learn & win-win situation here for all.
Where are you going to settle ? Lots of Husky groups here incl rescue orgs! 🤗

Sorry for repeats but last one is most recent edited! Can Admin remove my first two pls?

Checking out local supply stores to where you're settling - the little Animals Only franchise round the corner near me in Tewkesbury is so helpful and I order on a monthly stock up basis.

Thanks Rob.. I HAD a feeling I might have been wrong and you' are right. I did mention also that the DEFRA site and passport site would have all info.
What's the precheck time on the return trip?
Thanks for update. [emoji11]

Archived